Jaynie's Left Shoulder Muscle In Spasm - Very Painful

I spoke with the vet briefly when I brought Jaynie's bite-not collar up for overnight. He said they had given her fluids at a shock rate, then they ran the Addison's test (takes about 1h) then gave her a shot of a steroid that starts with "dex" I didn't catch the name properly.

Her heart rate, which had been at 150 when she was checked yesterday and again today, is now down to 90.

I don't expect any more news until tomorrow, but it sounds like the situation is coming under control, which is a great relief.

Also heard back from the rehab clinic today and she has 2 massage appointments for next week, which, no matter what the cause of Jaynie's problem, should feel really good.

ETA: her weight today was 57.x today when I brought her in - down again from yesterday, and from a healthy 65 on Monday. I hope she'll start to eat later tonight.

Edited by Rickiesmom

Egad.

If all this happened since her spay, hopefully vet is keeping an eye on her white count. Might want to get an abdominal x-ray / ultrasound just to make sure all is OK inside.

Hugs and best luck for quick improvement.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

oy Mary- just trying to catch up with the H&M. I am so sorry Jaynie is having problems. I just can't believe this is going on.

I am so sorry and I just pray that there is an end in sight and everything gets back under control quickly and easlily for you and Jaynie.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

My gosh your girl does not take being put under well.

I hope she rebounds from this and goes back to normal and lets hope no more having to be put under for a long time :hope

That is some major weight loss in such a short time :(

Continued thoughts and prayers

Okay, so little steps in the right direction. I think they likely gave her dexmathasone.

Dexamethasone is used systemically in high doses in emergency situations for anaphylactic reactions, spinal chord trauma, or shock. It is used in the management and treatment of immune mediated disease such as immune mediated hemolytic anemia, or thombocytopenia: some cancers: allergic reactions such as asthma, hives, and itching: inflammatory diseases and some neurologic diseases. Dexamethasone is also used topically in the treatment of a variety skin and eye problems.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

This is verbatim from an e-mail from my vet:

"I am emailing you cuz I suspect it's the first night you've got a good night sleep in a bit.

Just wanted to let you know that Jaynie ate a bunch of the meatballs and rice from my

hand around 10:30pm!

Her heart rate is 84 and she seems MUCH more comfortable.

No bloods back yet but thought I'd give you the good news"

Anyone wonder why I love this man?

Fabulous new! Fabulous vet!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest FullMetalFrank

That is good news! I hope you get some answers as to what specifically brought on her condition. I don't know if this will help or not, but for muscle cramping after physical exertion, we give a tablespoon or two of blackstrap molasses (it's high in potassium) and they think they are getting a real treat.

I hope your girl continues to feel better.

Hoping for good news from here on forward.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project