Cruz's Pathology Report

:offwall It's NOT mast cell carcinoma! The sample had some mast cells in it, but it appeared to be fungal, of all things. My vet left me a message on my answering machine so I didn't get to ask any questions, but he said the report said something about a fungal infection possibly originating from a hair follicle? Anyone ever heard of that? Dr. W said he was thrilled to be wrong about this one. :offwall Me too!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your suppost, advice, prayers and positive thoughts!!! I can't tell you how much it helped me. I was feeling so very low when I brought him home and was trying to prepare myself for the worst before I read your words of encouragement. :grouphug to all of you!

I got to see the hole when the bandage was changed on Saturday. They are using the Facilitator to help it granulate in. It looks like it will be a while. We go in for another bandage change tomorrow. He said he might leave the bandage off depending on how it looks. If he does, I'll probably have to use the e-collar. I've been muzzling him so far to keep him from chewing the bandage off, but I have visions of him digging the hard plastic of the muzzle into the wound in an effort to try and lick it. He's obsessed with licking even the smallest of boo boos :rolleyes: so this one will be irresistible.

Thanks again GT'ers!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:yay Great news for you and Cruz!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest grey_dreams

:yay :yay :yay What great news! I'm so glad that it turned out ok! Now, just to get the incision healed. I hope Cruz will leave it alone so it heals well! Maybe you could try Manuka honey? I haven't used it, but heard wonderful things about it. There have been a few posts here on the forum about it too. I guess you might be able to buy it if there is a nature shop or homeopathic apothecary nearby, otherwise you could find it online.

So glad for the good news! :colgate

edited to add:

I was searching for Manuka honey and wound treatment. It seems that if the wound is very deep, honey may not be the best way to go unless you can get medical sterile honey. Other people recommend using Granulex.

Edited by grey_dreams

That is great news Cynthia and Cruz!!!

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]