Tripods Or Dogs With Limps

Riley hurt his left front leg pretty badly a few weeks ago, and he is still not walking properly on it. He puts the foot down most of the time when he walks but only the front of it. It is never flat. When standing, he holds it up. I noticed yesterday that his other feet, esp the right front and back left, look funny. His pads seem swollen and his toes are a weird angle when he stands. I just talked with my vet a couple days ago, and she said it could be another month before he starts feeling better. Should I be concerned about his other feet? Is there anything the vet could do? Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen that but I don't have the world's largest amount of experience in this area. You might PM GreyPoopon and see if she noticed anything like that with Cora, and greytdecals too (her pup Alan who had an FCE/stroke). Hugs, and scritchies to your handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest littlesyd85
Are you worried that his other feet will be affected because they will be taking the weight of his body? If that is your concern, then don't be... Monarch has three legs and she gets around just fine.

Shanti did not use her right front for years. Now she is starting. Her left front seemed more splayed out and her right tightened in, if that makes sense. I asked the vet about it. It is due to the more weight bearing and no weight bearing. It is changing a bit now that she is using her right leg again.

The Girls