Proud New Greyhound Mom Here

TKtheGreyt

Greetings All,

Six weeks ago, we adopted our 4 year old boy TK. I have to admit that I was never much for big dogs but my hubby was sure a greyhound would be perfect for us. After much research and several trips to area meet and greets, I decided he was right. Once we made the decision, we tore through the adoption process and were ready to find our perfect match. TK was the first (and only) Greyhound we met. His foster mom brought him over one evening (in the pouring rain) and it was love at first sight – at least for us! TK was nervous and shy, but just so handsome and sweet.

Fast forward to today and I can’t believe I waited 40+ years to find the best dog ever. He is gentle, sweet, smart, well mannered, and starting to show his playful side. Now if he could just see fit to sleep a few extra winks on Saturday………..

So, without further ado, I give you TK (aka TK Depth Charge)!

Handsome Boy!

IMG_07692.jpg

IMG_0848a.jpg

Goof Ball

IMG_0850a.jpg

I have already learned so much from all of you good people on GT and look forward to learning much more!

Tricia - Mom to Mr. Big (Flying Mr. Sir) - missing our special boy TK (TK Depth Charge).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi and a warm welcome from Philly :wave

:beatheart TK is stunning :beatheart

I see you learned the first 2 lessons well, picture and a stunning fancy collar. I love his collar, where did you get it??

What a handsome boy! Welcome from Maryland.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

:wave Hi and a warm welcome from Philly :wave

:beatheart TK is stunning :beatheart

I see you learned the first 2 lessons well, picture and a stunning fancy collar. I love his collar, where did you get it??

PhillyPups, the collar was a gift from TK's foster parents. They said they bought it for him and wanted him to have it. Awesome people with great taste in collars. :colgate

Beautiful cool morning here in florida so TK and I are heading out to the park for a nice walk. Have a great day everyone!

Tricia - Mom to Mr. Big (Flying Mr. Sir) - missing our special boy TK (TK Depth Charge).

Guest my3greys

Welcome to the greyhound world! Your story sounds so much like ours. We were in our 50's when we made the very scary plunge into the greyhound arena. Not knowing anything about them. Well, i can see it coming.....yep,,,,you are hooked. Now here is some advice....Be sure to make plenty of room because next year you will have another one,,,like us,,,then the next year,,another one! We stopped at three.yikes! Only to realize with this breed it is so possible to achieve...they are so docile and well behaved. We just lost our Gracie in June and I said no more...but here I am at this very minute, awaiting the word to adopt another one! Your heart will only grow more larger. :wub: Your baby is beautiful

Welcome from Maine! :welcome2:wave

TK is absolutely gorgeous - :confetti:baloons Congratulations!! :confetti:balloonparty

And that collar is just perfect for him! LOVE the color! :clap

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.