Brushing Teeth Post Dental

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

Bea just had two pre-molars extracted approx 3 weeks ago. I have been brushing for about a week now, the vet said it was ok to start again. Her gums bleed slightly. Is this normal for a post-dental? I do it every other day with a finger tip brush for dogs.

Thanks!

:)

Bea just had two pre-molars extracted approx 3 weeks ago. I have been brushing for about a week now, the vet said it was ok to start again. Her gums bleed slightly. Is this normal for a post-dental? I do it every other day with a finger tip brush for dogs.

Thanks!

:)

I got Aston about a month post-dental (one of the un-anesthetized dentals), and since his teeth hadn't been brushed since, I stocked up on dental treats and chewies for him. When he started on the first treat, I noticed traces of blood on the eaten-treat-in-progress once he'd reached his back teeth.. I figured this was the equivalent of my gums bleeding when I haven't flossed in awhile :blush , and kept giving him chewies at regular intervals (~1 daily, if not more). The bleeding had completely tapered off after about a week, and Aston never seemed to be in any associated pain, just kept chewin'.

I'm not sure about post-extractions, though. I know my fiance's gums are super touchy about getting brushed for what seems like weeeeks and weeeeks after he gets teeth pulled (which is fairly often, unfortunately :unsure )...