Merlin Is Sick - A Day After His Vaccinations

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SoulsMom

Oh thank goodness the Wizard is feeling better! What a scare! I know what you mean Kerry, about 'the look'. I've seen it too many times on Soul :( And how awful that you were fretting about his shots, only to have your fears realized :grouphug

Want some wine? :baby:kiss2

Guest arlosmom

We have had trouble with the Lepto part of the vaccine before but with our other breeds of dogs. We just left that one out. and also I don't give mine vaccines except for Bordatella and Rabies after they are 8 years old.

Guest Energy11
We have had trouble with the Lepto part of the vaccine before but with our other breeds of dogs. We just left that one out. and also I don't give mine vaccines except for Bordatella and Rabies after they are 8 years old.

Same here... Just Rabies and Bord after eight.

BTW, I thought Remadyl was for pain? Oh, well, I guess that's why the vets get paid the big bucks and I don't :P

Yes, it is for pain - but it is also used as a fever reducer. And Merlin was very achy this morning.

I just took Merlin's temperature and he is down from 102.7 to 101.8!! :yay :yay :yay I took him into the yard and he peed and his eyes look much better now. He's still a little subdued, but I think he's on the mend... :goodluck :goodluck

I ended up not giving him any Rimadyl - I am going to monitor things and see how he does on his afternoon walk. If he looks stiff or looks as if he has aches and pains I will give him one with his dinner.

Thank you so much, everyone, for your advice, experiences, and good thoughts.

No more combo vaccine for Merlin, that's for sure.

Merlin that is good news! Keep it up for mommy!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I am so glad that he is feeling better and I hope this is the end of the problem. I have had too many pets react to the

vaccines. My first vet who is now in his 80's said that when he was in vet school there was much discussion about the

necessity and safety of yearly vaccines. I am sure the vaccines have been refined, but it is common for pets to have

problems when a new type is manufactured. Been there with my fur kids. I had a cat who developed a tumor on her neck

from the feline leukemia vaccine and it eventually killed her. Looked like she had a baseball in her neck.

My vet was not happy when I decided to curtail most vaccines for all my kids. My two dachsies are 10 and almost 15.

Howie is getting his rabies tomorrow, but I am not getting anymore for Dexter. He goes out in the yard and right back

inside in a minute or so. The only time they are around other animals is at the vets. If they were younger I would get titers

first for some of the shots and go from there.

Give the big guy a hug from me.

miss sue

I hope the vet apologized!

No they didn't.

Glad Merlin is doing better and hope he bounces back to his old self.

Edited by September

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

Dear Merlin,

Hopes youze feels better fastest!!!!

Weze is sending all the hopes, prayers, and healing thoughts for youze recobery quickest!!

:kiss2:dogcookie:getwell

Kendra and Melissa

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Kerry, how is Merlin doing this morning?

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France