Cosmo - She's Gone On Ahead.

We really had a miracle last time. Back at the end of August I really thought we were going to be saying so long. Well, I think we've probably ridden this journey out as far as we can together. She's gone downhill quickly since last Thursday night. She barely ate yesterday (nothing so far today) and is really struggling for breath a lot of the time now. We have an appointment tomorrow night at 7. Of course, we're hoping there's something else the doctor can do to make her more comfortable. Realistically, though, I know there's a limit, which I suspect we've reached. Selfishly, I am not ready to let go of her yet. But I can't let her suffer. So please keep a prayer or good thought for Cosmo, that if tomorrow is to be her final journey, that she will not feel alone or afraid and that she will go in peace. Thanks so much.

CosmoJune220902.jpg

I'll write more later, when I'm able to do it properly, but Cosmo passed away very suddenly here at home at about 2:30 a.m. We had taken her out to potty when it happened. We brought Morgan and Chase out one at a time to say goodbye afterwards. I've heard sometimes they do better if they get closure too. Thanks so much for all of your prayers and kind words. Cosmo was a gentle, special soul. I can't imagine life without her here with us.

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Tracey, no!! :cry1

My heart goes out to you...and I know how you feel as I just let my 19 1/2 year old cat, Mandy, go on Saturday. :weep

You, Jason and Cosmo will be in my thoughts. :grouphug

She's such a pretty girl. I hate when you reach this point. It's still all too fresh in my mind from Mango. Keeping you and Cosmo in my thoughts. :grouphug

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Oh, that precious face :wub: Wishing you all peace and comfort :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Tracey, Jason - Cosmo is always in my prayers. Just know that if this is the end of her journey she will not be alone, we are all with her and with you, plus she will be met with much joy on the other side.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Such a sweet face. Holding you both close to my heart.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

That beautiful face. She has been and will be in my thoughts. I am sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I've been keeping the 3 of you in my prayers since this journey began. How could she feel alone, she has you and Jason at her side, always. Prayers for all 3 of you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest caiteag

My thoughts and prayers will be with all of you, Tracey.. especially with beautiful Cosmo... maybe she's got another miracle coming... and if not... there are so many friends who will meet her at the Bridge with love and joy.. and so many of us here who will be here for you...

Guest PhillyPups

Many many prayers for you and Sweet Cosmo :hope

eta; I will have a candle lit at 7 tomorrow night. I will be asking for a miracle, praying for peace,and shining a.light should Cosmo be taking a longer pain free journey :hope

I would like to ask those already at Dewey to gather on the boardwalk at 7 tomorrow with a candle for sweet Cosmo as she so loved her boardwalk walks. :hope

Cosmo praying for a miracle for you baby girl :hope

Edited by PhillyPups