Post-dental Stools

Guest SandOSU98

Guest SandOSU98

Colby's stools have been a little funny since his dental yesterday--he seems constipated and the stools he does have appear very "concentrated" for lack of a better word. Is this normal? Could it be a side effect of the anesthetic? If so, how long before they are back to normal?

I remember Holly being a bit constipated as well. I can't remember how long it took to get back to normal, maybe 2 or 3 days?

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

The anesthesia slows the body down so it could be a couple of days before he is back to normal. Keep an eye on it but try not to worry.

Also remember that you restricted his eating pre-anesthesia and he probably didn't eat much post-anesthesia, either, so he might be "off" a bit just because of that.

General rule of thumb, I think, is to expect unusual output after a greyhound has had an unusual event. And sometimes there's unusual output for absolutely no reason at all. It just happens. :)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)