Pet Hair Clean Up

Guest dogloverdeb

Guest dogloverdeb

Now that we have our new puppy, I am planning on investing in a good carpet steam cleaner and vacuum cleaner. Any suggestions. I hear as far as vacuum cleaners that Dyson's have a very strong suction and it doesn't lose the suction. Any suggestions on what works good for you especially for the pet hair?

Guest SuperiorItaly
Now that we have our new puppy, I am planning on investing in a good carpet steam cleaner and vacuum cleaner. Any suggestions. I hear as far as vacuum cleaners that Dyson's have a very strong suction and it doesn't lose the suction. Any suggestions on what works good for you especially for the pet hair?

I got the Dyson Animal and it is AWESOME!!!! It has an attachment for the couch as well. I have hardwood floors throughout though.

i checked out way tooooo many and ended up buying a sears progressive w/ hepa filter and a beater bar attachment for my rug and a small beater bar attachement for the upholstered furniture. it is fantastic, had good ratings from consumer's union and does a greyt job on the couch. we have 95% hard wood floor so i needed a canister. watch sears they always have it on sale, it was reduced to around$290, the new model had just come out.

i have used my friends oreck and it was awful.

Guest Cris_M

Dyson Animal is superb.

I have an old Hoover steam cleaner. I expect that any of the good models will work fine.

Congrats on the new puppy!

Guest mcsheltie

I love my Oreck. It weighs six lbs. I can pick it up and do the furniture or stairs. It self adjusts as you go from hardwood to carpet to dog beds.

Old Hoover Steam cleaner and 2 Dyson's here! Love the Dyson!

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

We have wood floors and LOVE our Dyson.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest cgl0909

The DH’s parents have a Rainbow vacuum and I LOVE it! We have a border collie who sheds nonstop. When he shakes hairs go flying. Rainbows are easy to use. They also use water to trap all the dust and icky stuff in the air and that gets sucked up. That helps a lot with allergies. We borrow that once a month to really clean good. The down side to Rainbows is the cost. I think that a new one is over 1000 dollars. We have a cheap bagless vacuum that we use most of the time.

Also, I have heard people who have pets really like using the Rumbas for ever day use to keep pet hair down.