Rhemus

laurie

I have been putting off posting about Rhem's passing because I've been so numb. But I want to say see-you-later to him here on GT, where someone can understand, and remember him with me.

The last three days of my boy's life were not good ones. I put him through three days of hospitalization and tests and IV fluids. Days when I wasn't with him, except in my heart, where I'll always be with him, and he with me. I hope he can forgive me those three days of utter selfishness when I thought I could save him. I hope he can understand how much I wanted--needed--to keep him here on this earth with me.

I think he knows how much I love him.

To my boy, my love, my life. I will miss you every minute until we're together again.

Rhemus.jpg

rhemus6.jpg

23e5af84.jpg

r7.jpg

r45-18.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

:beatheart

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry, Laurie. You can't be blamed for doing everything you could. I'm sure you loved each other very, very much. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

You weren't being selfish - you were still putting him in front. When you realized that it wasn't going to work, you gave him your final gift of love. There is no fault with that. You loved him, he loved you. I am so very sorry that you are feeling guilt, too. May we all act out of love. May you find peace.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You know, we're in a no win situation most of the time. We feel bad if we don't think we've done enough and we feel selfish if we do too much. All we can do is our best and love them. Godspeed Rhemus.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

You did all you could. I went through the same second-guessing with my boy Thane - days of tests. We cling to a hope that there's any easy fix we've overlooked. Love makes us do it. If we didn't try we'd never forgive ourselves.

:gh_run:f_white

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I did the same thing with Misty, and Judy is so right, we are in a no win situation.

We owe them so much and do not want to give up too soon, and don't want it to be too late so their last days are days of suffering.

I do believe that they truly know how very much we love them and would give the world to make them well. In this respect, I think our friends are way ahead of us on the understanding level.

God speed handsome boy, run with all the Angels knowing how very much you are loved. And continue to watch over your mom, she will need you in the days ahead

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Rhemus.

Rest in peace, handsome boy.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hope you find some peace in these words. I remember reading somewhere that the love animals give is so great, so pure and unconditional that our love must be stronger than our grief and impending sense of loss. Their reward for befriending us and healing us whenever we needed it must be mercy.

You gave him every chance to live.....and was strong when you needed to be.

Run pain free Rhemus :gh_run

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry1 You tried your best to save him, and he knows how much you love him. :heart

Godspeed, precious Rhemus... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I know Rhem totally understood. As hard of a time he had before you adopted him, I know he appreciated every day he got to spend with you. There are so many people that wouldn't have understood his issues and loved him even more because of it. He found the perfect, forever home with you and I know he loved you just as much as you loved him.

Mimi was probably waiting for him with Em, Bea and Okie.

Poor guy with all those bossy girls :)

*hugs*

Kelly, Molly, Rocky, Maddy & Dylan the foster

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He sure was a handsome boy.

Godspeed Rhemus.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Laurie, I am so sorry for the loss of your very handsome Rhemus. I know how much you loved him; and he knew it too. G-d bless.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds