Nipples Coated In Hard Black, Tar Like Substance?

Guest peachroomtom

Guest peachroomtom

Dear all

Just looking for some help here. I rescued my second female greyhound a few months ago who has been used as a breed bitch. Once she started roaching we noticed that her top nipples, although large are fairly normal but her lower nipples seemed quite hard and a bit like chocolate coated raisins! We thought this was where the pups had just sucked on the lower nipples rather than the top nipples but yesterday I noticed that it does come off if you pick it. The best way to describe it is as if someone has rubbed tar over and around her lower nipples. Is this something that is done to stop the pups sucking on them when they get sore or something to heal them if they bleed???? I really don't know what it is but it wont come off with water, you really have to pick it off which I don't think Dee Dee is over keen on!

Just really looking to know if anyone knows what it is!

Kind regards

Tom & Dee Dee!

Guest G2G_Greys

We had a brood mom that came it with crap on her nipples. It was basically a lot of dirt mixed with other stuff that made it very hard to get off. We would put a warm wet wash cloth on her nipples to soffen them then sadly just worked it off of her nipples. Poor thing even had a bunch of blackheads on her nipples. With time we were able to clean her up. Good luck

Guest Energy11

We adopted a broodie (eight at the time) to a friend, and she had that "goop" all around her nipples. I think it is just dried on dirt. I know it took my friend who adopted the broodie, a while to get it totally removed. Good Luck!

Edited by Energy11

Guest greytexplorer

Maybe a warm warmcloth and spray on some diluted GooGone?

I bathe my dogs in the shower with me. ya, I know :blush:

One at a time of course.

I have a shower head handle which is great to use, since I can spray/rinse down under the belly area.

Can you do that? I'm thinking warm soapy water and warm water spray to rinse would get her all cleaned up.

That can't feel good, all that dirt gunked up..... :(

Good luck!

Guest greydogluvr

Horses get this nipple goo too. I use a betadine soap on them and it peels right off. I do not know if this is acceptable for a grey's skin, but it works wonders with horses.

A warm wet washcloth followed by a massage with baby oil or olive oil will dissolve all the funk in no time.

Avoid Goo Gone or any other type of commercial solvent.

Olive Oil is a GREYT idea!!!! of course!!!!

It's counterintuitive but it's an amazing solvent.

Bathing with the hounds is very clever, by the way!

Guest my3greys

Oh how I am shivering reading this and hoping you get it off without incident! Holy Cow!! Poor baby,,she must be mortified with such an issue and will be so thankful for a wonderful new home to help heal her....good luck :eek

Dear all

Just looking for some help here. I rescued my second female greyhound a few months ago who has been used as a breed bitch. Once she started roaching we noticed that her top nipples, although large are fairly normal but her lower nipples seemed quite hard and a bit like chocolate coated raisins! We thought this was where the pups had just sucked on the lower nipples rather than the top nipples but yesterday I noticed that it does come off if you pick it. The best way to describe it is as if someone has rubbed tar over and around her lower nipples. Is this something that is done to stop the pups sucking on them when they get sore or something to heal them if they bleed???? I really don't know what it is but it wont come off with water, you really have to pick it off which I don't think Dee Dee is over keen on!

Just really looking to know if anyone knows what it is!

Kind regards

Tom & Dee Dee!

I just thought of something to use for this.l Bag Balm is a wonderful product and used on cow utters..see if you can find it. I am sure it is sold in many places.