Lilly Got Hurt In The Yard Yesterday...

Guest 3greysinPA

Just catching up with this now. Fiona has injured her back leg several times doing "wheelies" and playing in the yard. Her symptoms are very much like Lilly's and a torn cruciate ligament was suspected at one time. We had her x-rayed as well and the vet feels she just has a tender spot on that leg that she re-injures in playing. Rest for a couple of weeks, Metacam as an anti-inflammatory always do the trick and she is back to normal.

Hope this helps a bit and eases your mind if Lilly has the same type of "sprain". Lilly sounds like such a love bug - no wonder the vet tech wanted to take her home. :wub: Hope she's feeling better soon.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest 3greysinPA
Just seeing this now too Kristin. How is Lily feeling tonight?

hi Nancy,

I was just laying with her... she is doing better... She is walking a little better and seems to be bearing more wt. on it tonight...

She does not seem to be in any pain.. and it has not affected her appetite or her loving sweetheart of a personality.. she is still my love bug...

my hope is that she continues to get better every day... and uses the leg more and more every day...

:hope:hope:hope

Have you or anyone else ever had bad side effects from Deramaxx? and if so... what were they?

just so i can keep an eye on her tomorrow when she starts the Deramaxx...

thank you

Sending good thoughts for Lily!!! :(:goodluck :goodluck :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest FullMetalFrank

Poor girl, it's no fun to get hurt while playing! (Or any other time for that matter) Sending nothing-torn-just sprained, quick healing thoughts and prayers your way.

Edited by FullMetalFrank

Hoping Lily is better this morning.

I don't use Deramax here, but the most common side effect I hear about is an upset stomach which most of the anti-inflammatories can cause.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest 3greysinPA
Hoping Lily is better this morning.

I don't use Deramax here, but the most common side effect I hear about is an upset stomach which most of the anti-inflammatories can cause.

hello... good morning,,,

Lilly is doing a little better... She ate her breakfast... and i gave her the Deramaxx... its chewable.. that was nice...

and She seems ok from the medicine...

She is still limping a little bit ... but nothing like yesterday... thank doG.

thank you for asking and thank you for all the prayers ;):blush

Glad to read she seems a bit better today! :yay I'll keep my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery... :):goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.