Lilly Got Hurt In The Yard Yesterday...

Guest 3greysinPA

Guest 3greysinPA

:sad1 Lilly got hurt yesterday out in the yard, my husband is not sure what happend... he heard her yelp and then looked out and saw her limping.. no other dogs were near her... Not sure if she twisted her back leg... or what... I got home about 20 mins later... I DID check her foot, her toes, her patties, and felt her leg.. nothing feels or looks out of place, There is NO bruising and NO swelling. Howeever She is LIMPing and barely putting any wt. on that leg at all.

In fact, for the most part she is holding it up completely this morning and NOT using it all ...

She goes to the my VET in less than an hour...

She still ate breakfast... and is still very happy, in fact Roaching on the sofa as I type... However, I am sad to see her like that and dont want her to be this way.

If you could send some good thoughts our way..that would be wonderful...

Will update when i get back from the Vet with my Sweetheart.

Edited by 3greysinPA

sending good thoughts!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest 3greysinPA

oh... thank goodness...

They Took X- rays too... they were negative... no fractures... but he is worried about a torn ACL... he is treating her as a bad sprain right now...

He gave her an injection of Ketofen and a prescription of Deramaxx for a week... and said to keep her quiet for 2 weeks... no running...

Wow... that is gonna be tough.. She loves to play and romp and run in the yard...

What a relief... I was so scared this morning that she might have a fracture.

Thank you for all the prayers :hope and hugs... IT worked :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Right now she is laying on the sofa... she has been there since we got home...

We were at the Vets a very long time... While we were there they got 2 emergencies and were swamped... one was a dog hit by a car.. who needed a splenectomy... and the other was a cat who needed a C - Section... so the Vet's office was jumping....

Got a text massage from Kristin, negative for lymes, x-raying her knee as that is where her paim is. :hope for Sweet Lily

Thank you Pat :grouphug

Guest 3greysinPA

I just wanted to add how sweet my little girlie girl was at the VET... :beatheart

She laid on the hard wood floor on her side and then roached for the Vet tech when the Vet tech came back in to draw blood...

The Vet tech loved her... and said she wanted to take her home and snuggle with her too..

i was laying on the floor with Lilly the whole time... So she was such a good girl... so well behaved...

My love dog Lilly.... :wub::wub::wub:

when the vet tech said she wanted to take her home... I said ... maybe you need a greyhound in your life... I love them so much i needed 3! :colgate:colgate

I am so glad that there was no fracture for sweet Lilly - and what a lovely girl at the vet! Sounds like she is the same thing as Drake.. "greyhound bait" - or the greyhound that makes everyone want a greyhound.

I"ll hope for quick healing for your baby.

FL