Weird Bump / Wart / Zit Like Thing

Guest littlesyd85

Guest littlesyd85

So as it seems to go in my house with the dogs, there is always something medically wrong! Well my 10 year old Lena (newly adopted 2 months ago) has a few strange bumps/warts/zit things on her skin... I noticed one on her shoulder immediately but I didn't think much of it. Well it has progressively gotten worse and I think it is bothering her now because she has been licking it more and more (I stop her of course). Tonight I was going to attempt to clip her nails which she did not like at all by the way. Anyways, I had her laying on her side and I noticed a small bump on her chest that was similar (no where near as big) to the one on her shoulder. Moments after I found that one a noticed one on her back toe.

Here are photos of the bad one on her shoulder

Shoulder-View1.jpg

Shoulder-View2.jpg

Shoulder-View3.jpg

I know that I need to take her to the vet, but I thought I would ask if anyone's grey has had something like this before.

Looks like a histiocytoma. Carmen had one, I took her to the vet and he gave me some antifungal stuff and it went away in about a week. He also told me that it would have eventually gone away on it's own. It's always best to check with your vet tho to be sure.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest Energy11

Could be a wart. Goldie has a few of them, and has had them for years.

Might want to vet to take a quick look, just to be on the safe side. BTW... Goldie hates her nails cut, too! DH has to hold a jar of peanut butter to distract her, while I TRY to cut! She will never have short nails :-(

Good Luck.

Guest 3greysinPA

yes, figgy had something that looked very very similar to that... it was a little larger than a pea... on his ear... and it crusted over ... like with a scab... looked really bad.... and then all of a sudden.. started shrinking and went away on its on...

the Vet said it was a cyst and it would go away on its on... and sure enough.. it did.

ETA: just wanted to add that i believe he had it for about 6-8 weeks total... it was there for quite a while.

Edited by 3greysinPA

Guest TheUnrulyHound

i just posted this in the other thread ;) hahaha, I will copy it here....

Cabby had a hystiocytoma----

DSCN1349.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

the first pic is the first day.. the second is about 24 hours later... after 6 weeks or so it was all healed and hair had grown back (it all fell out from the surface of the bump)

we did take him in for a fine needle aspiration. Vet said to watch it for infection and if he bothered it at all, he never seemed to know it was there.

I hope she feels better soon :(

Could be a hematoma. Raven had one on her chest. It would periodically rupture and bleed so we had it removed, but it was benign. I definitely suggest getting your hound in to be checked, though.

Here's what it looked like after it ruptured. Clean off the blood and it looks a lot like the growth on your hound.

000_3436.jpg

Edited by GreytNut

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg