Slipped Disc In Neck

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Praying for Cody to get well uneventfully without surgery. :hope Special love from Aggie. He sent her a cookie I believe as he picked her to be his valentine last year. She is still running at 13 1/2 and said to tell him not ot worry- this is just a little bump in the road-and he'll be OK. :wub: She is sending him a cookie now to help him feel better! :dogcookie:cookie

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Thanks for all of those who are praying for Cody, I really think it's working!

Think he's getting spoiled with all his favorite cookies and he got a little package in the mail (surprise cookies from Auntie Becky) and it really made his day!

He can get up now without screaming and I'm seeing positive signs. Last night he licked his back paw, which he couldn't turn his head before, and the best part he picked up a toy and wanted to play. Broke my heart to take his favorite pheasant away from him, but I have to believe it's all good. I swear he has cabin fever because the sad looks when I leave have me quilt ridden all day, but I must keep him as immobile as possible. Another week on the med (pred) and to the vet on Saturday for another diagnosis.

I'm amazed how lucky I am to have such a greyt dog. Not one accident this whole time while on the meds. I'll try to update more on Saturday when I get back from the vet and apologize for not posting this sooner.

As racindog said, I pray this is just a little bump in the road.

I'm glad to read the positive update. I've been thinking of your boy.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

If you can contact a Canine chiro, that helps along with prednisone, muscle relaxers.

Much rest, no up and down stairs, harness instead if collar.

It probably will happen again, so be prepared with always having meds available.

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Ive got great contacts for chiro's, acupuncture and help from OSU if we need surgery, thanks all that gave me the info!!

Tonight when I got home, he meet me at the door with happy tail!!!! I dropped everything, by passed my hubby and gave him a big hug. This is the first he's done this in a week!

So much for how DH felt, guess he knows his position in the house now :P

It probably will happen again, so be prepared with always having meds available.

Thanks, I'll discuss this with my vet on Sat. morning

Guest brucejy

- just saw this. I am so sorry to hear about Cody. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you guys. Praying for a speady recovery. Big hugs for Cody.