Footwear

Guest thefays

Guest thefays

My 10 year old grey (Bit) was just found after being lost for 4 days. His back paws were all bloody (every pad) and his front paws were somewhat bloody (1 pad on each paw). Our vet told us that she'll show us how to wrap them, but that a "sled dog" shoe may be very helpful. Does anybody have experience with this kind of recovery?

2NOFLEAS recommended looking into http://www.muttluks.com/ anything else?

Dustin

Guest littlesyd85
My three legged girl wears a TheraPaw boot on her only front leg because of a bad corn issue. I would HIGHLY recommend this. My vet was the one who originally introduced them to me... I know that OSU recommends them as well for healing paws.

Guest thefays

He's home now and we'll be taking him back tomorrow morning to get the bandages re-done. Dr. Turner told us that the recovery could take a couple months, especially given his age (I hear 10 is pretty good for greys).

He's resting on his bed and drinking some water. Hasn't eaten anything yet, but I'm not too worried about that.

Thank you all for the footwear suggestions, so many to choose from. We've got about a week before we need them so that should allow for delivery time as long as we make up our minds and order some soon.