Meet Anita!

Guest EmergencyOps

Guest EmergencyOps

After a year of reading up on Greyhounds and waiting for the time to be right...my wife and I adopted Anita (Whytell Anita) yesterday! At a Show n Tail with Heart of Texas Greyhound Adoption in San Antonio we met her and finalized the paperwork. She is a sweet senior at 7 years of age. Here are some photos...ENJOY!

My wife and Farrah getting to know Anita outside the Show n Tail:

3963043725_63a9e65667.jpg

Shopping for a bed (just before we shelled out $60 for that one we learned about the wonderful world of Costco):

3963005427_c638982625.jpg

The first evening at home:

3963782764_25d65550c1.jpg

The two girls getting comfortable on their respective blankets:

3963011453_2de726c88c.jpg

Laying down while eating, just like her foster mentioned:

3963788398_46e5f056b5.jpg

Anita's first roach in our home:

3963800194_006045f979.jpg

Welcome to GT! :welcome2

Anita is so beautiful and so is Farrah!

I laughed when I saw the pic of her lying down while eating. I guess she's taking this whole retirement thing very seriously! :lol

Congratulations!!!! :confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest EmergencyOps
:pepper Congratulations! She is beautiful! She seems to be right at home. :pepper

Where did your wife get that shirt in the first photo? I love it!

It was an online auction item from GPA Wisconsin. She's a Physical Therapist and loves to wear it; when we're out with her co-workers, they get educated on the anatomy (and adoptability) of Greyhounds! Most of the muscles labeled on the shirt are real; some, like "Fleetus Footus", "Squeakyius Obliteratior", and "Snackial Locatoris" are for laughs.

Congratulations! :confetti Welcome to the wonderful world of greyhounds!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome to GT! Anita is beautiful; such a yummy color, and she's surprisingly dark in the face still. Are the white spots on her back loss of pigment from healed injuries?

Looks like you might need a dog bed for the kitchen! :lol

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest EmergencyOps
Welcome to GT! Anita is beautiful; such a yummy color, and she's surprisingly dark in the face still. Are the white spots on her back loss of pigment from healed injuries?

Nope, that's just the flea preventative that the adoption agency administered; it's the similar to what you get at the Vet's office but it's white-colored and is for mass-dispensing to a gaggle of Greyhounds.

Guest EmergencyOps
Love that you have your little girl in lavender; she looks ultra-feminine. And very happy!!

Thank you, everybody! :colgate As we were picking the color of martingale and lead for her from the adoption group, I first went for the dark green (my favorite color)...but my wife was quick to say that she wanted our new girl to look like a girl. I hesitated, but I now agree that lavender looks great on her.

She loves to lay in Farrah's car-bed, despite the fact that it's a little too small...

3965607169_b52cd65de2.jpg

She loves to lay in Farrah's car-bed, despite the fact that it's a little too small...

3965607169_b52cd65de2.jpg

What a greyt picture! :lol Looks like it fits perfectly - except for her ears! :wub: Welcome home Anita! :confetti

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis