Riley's Thyroid Test Results

Your dog is greyhound-normal in everything, TSH is not elevated. Wouldn't medicate.

ETA: Here is a whole bunch of info about thyroid testing in dogs. http://www.animalhealth.msu.edu/Sections/E...roid_Canine.php

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Your dog is greyhound-normal in everything, TSH is not elevated. Wouldn't medicate.

ETA: Here is a whole bunch of info about thyroid testing in dogs. http://www.animalhealth.msu.edu/Sections/E...roid_Canine.php

Thanks Jey, that is very helpful. I wish there were more greyhounds over here so vets would be more familiar with them.

I posted this in my other long thread, but wanted to start a new topic also. I got Riley's lab results, and after doing some reading I am kinda confused. Can anyone help me understand what this means, and if he you think he should be medicated?

Procedure...................Ref Range

TT4 - 7....................... 15-67

TT3 - 2.0..................... 1.0-2.5

FT4 - 5........................ 8-26

FT3 - 3.7..................... 4.5-12.0

TSH - 14.......................0-37

Thank you!!

You can email Dr. Jean Dodds with Riley's results and any questions you have, she is amazing and will usually get back to you (at no cost) within 24 hours. Make sure you let her know that Riley is a greyhound, etc. She runs Hemopet and writes the text books used in veterinary schools. Her lab processed Carl's thyroid test and she provided the analysis and suggested treatment for my vet and me to discuss. She's incredibly accessible, she will respond quickly and with great advice even if you don't use her lab. There are a lot of us on GT who have consulted with her. Her email address is: hemopet@hotmail.com

Good luck to you and Riley.

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

You can email Dr. Jean Dodds with Riley's results and any questions you have, she is amazing and will usually get back to you (at no cost) within 24 hours. Make sure you let her know that Riley is a greyhound, etc. She runs Hemopet and writes the text books used in veterinary schools. Her lab processed Carl's thyroid test and she provided the analysis and suggested treatment for my vet and me to discuss. She's incredibly accessible, she will respond quickly and with great advice even if you don't use her lab. There are a lot of us on GT who have consulted with her. Her email address is: hemopet@hotmail.com

Good luck to you and Riley.

omg, that is awesome! Thank you so much for letting me know!! :wubsite

Ranges are lab-specific, Lucy. The ranges Dr. Dodds quoted you won't apply to your lab.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Ranges are lab-specific, Lucy. The ranges Dr. Dodds quoted you won't apply to your lab.

Huh? I gave her the ranges I posted above, used in the MSU lab.

If MSU did the test, you should be asking MSU for the interpretation. Results and ranges are highly lab-specific.