Tarmac (blazing Avenger)

Guest mhall

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mtnbluebird

Tarmac will be missed :-( I met him once on a Trail Bound Hounds hike and he impressed me with his beautiful coat speckled with white and his great personality. My thoughts are with you :grouphug

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss. Tarmac was well loved. I know how hard that final act of love is. May your memories bring you peace and comfort.

Run free, sweet Tarmac.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I had no idea he got adopted. That dog was stuck in my mind for a long, long time because he was so closely related to my old man and bore such a striking resemblance. It sounds like he bore quite a resemblance in disposition, too. A hard dog to live with, sometimes, but easy to love.

I'm so sorry he left you so soon, but am glad you got to spend some time in such a presence. I wish I could have met him.

Lynn

What an eloquent tribute. Thank-you for sharing your sweet boy with us. You can never be sure what those final moments will be like, but you did everything you possibly could to insure that he was safe and unafraid, and the last thing he knew was that you were with him, and how very much he was loved.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Tarmac.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thanks everyone, for your support and kind words. It is indeed very quiet at home without Tarmac, and it's very weird to not have our days structured around him.

We've started the difficult process of going through all his stuff. It's going to be awhile before we're ready and able to have a dog again, so we have to make some decisions about what to hold onto/what to donate/what to pass along to friends.

Going to the vet in a few minutes to pick up his ashes...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet boy...

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I am so sorry. :grouphug:candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg