Phenylprop Proin

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I had Cassie on PPA for about 3 years (between ages 9-11) and I found when she got out and ran a lot or if we went out for longer walks she would have leakage. Could have been because she drank more after those times or because of the muscle fatigue she had from greater exercise.

I used a smaller dose then what was prescribed. What I did was start out on the suggested dose and then slowly decreased it to where she would leak, then just upped it to the next level where she didn't leak.

I try not to have my hounds on meds unless totally necessary and try to keep the dosage as low as possible.

Guest greytexplorer
Jacey was on Proin for less than a week. She started licking incessantly, and was pooping the white hair she licked off her legs. Little Miss Obsessive-Compulsive didn't need another issue.

We tried DES which didn't do anything major. Jacey's leaking problems cleared up on their own after a month or so.

Mind you, she still pees funny--has a hard time finishing, and walks around in a crouch for a bit--but no more leakage.

Mandy had a dribbly problem and took DES for a few months.

I discontinued use when I noticed that she no longer dripped urine.

That was at least 4 years ago. :clap