Broken Hind Leg

Guest vipack

Vanessa broke her leg last night :( Had her in for xrays of her right foot last week because of a prominent limp that had worsened. She has a old racing fracture on that side that never healed properly. They showed a sprain and lots of arthritis. Well last night hubby let her out after eating and hear the screaming in the back yard. Well rushed her off to the vet and she has broken her left leg. At age 10, doctor is concerned that a tumor may have caused this, but cant see anything obvious on the film. She will be going under for a more permanent splint to be applied. Wish her luck, and lots of prayers.

Sending lots of :hope:hope:hope and some :candle:candle for Vanessa.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Sending lots of prayers for your pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to both of you. We are just recovering from a very similar type of injury and know exactly what you will be going through.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Healing thoughts and prayers going out to your girl.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Healing thoughts and prayers for a uneventful recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm sorry. I hope she heals quickly and well.

Cora broke her left femur in March. It has not been fun.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest TeddysMom

Oh that's horrible. I am so sorry that you and Vanessa have to go through this. A broken bone is awful at any age but it just hurts me to think of your senior girl having to deal with a cast. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Vanessa.

Guest tricolorhounds

I'm sorry... I know what you're going through. My Savannah broke her right~rear leg/foot (the tip of the bone where the Achilles tendon attaches) June 30th, 2008. The day before her 8th birthday. She had several surgeries and was casted until November.

Van had broken her right hock in her last race and we went through a rough recovery back then. She had a staph infection in the bone and was casted for 6 months.

They really are tougher than they look... Savannah never lets her handicap stop her from trying to get her brothers to play with her and running her heart out.

Dear broke his quarter bone in his front leg(left). He wore a cast for 6 weeks. Snowy however broke her right hock racing. She lived a long life afterwards, which is what we're all hoping for in this case!

Please keep us posted.