How Do I Get My Dog To Throw Up

peroxide.

outside!

Never had to so unsure how much. But know outside. Good luck.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Peroxide Cora, about a teaspoon full. If you can, you may want to to it outside, usually comes up pretty quickly.

How many do you think were in the bag?

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

if you don't have peroxide or it is dead - heavily salted water will work too. Outside! Take 1-2 oz water and dump in 3-4 tablespoons of salt until no more dissolves.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Peroxide Cora, about a teaspoon full. If you can, you may want to to it outside, usually comes up pretty quickly.

I'm thinking 6-8 large Rimadyl pills.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest LeanneSchatz

Sizzle just did this yesterday, she ate 9. I took her to the e-vet who gave her activated charcoal and some GI protectants. My vet called me today and said that since Sizzle threw up the charcoal that it probably didn't work to bind the toxins. Luckily, it's not considered a renal toxic dose. She said to watch for GI issues and bleeding. I'd be worried about that more than anything. Your grey needs something to protect its tummy now. Good luck! My heart goes out to you, I know how scary it is.

Sizzle just did this yesterday, she ate 9. I took her to the e-vet who gave her activated charcoal and some GI protectants. My vet called me today and said that since Sizzle threw up the charcoal that it probably didn't work to bind the toxins. Luckily, it's not considered a renal toxic dose. She said to watch for GI issues and bleeding. I'd be worried about that more than anything. Your grey needs something to protect its tummy now. Good luck! My heart goes out to you, I know how scary it is.

That's why I asked Cora, I read Sizzle's thread and read LynnM's post who said getting them to throw up right away is sufficient.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

Hope everything is okay Cora.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I hope everything is okay!!

Too late for this go round - but I was always told to give the dog some bread (a couple/few slices) to fill their bellies before using the peroxide.. that said, I'm sure it still had the desired effect.

Good advice about doing it outside! I made the mistake of dosing inside the first time I had to use Hydrogen Peroxide.

Please give us an update when you can.. I've got fingers and toes crossed that everything is okay!

FL

There is no reason, to give the bread. Actually it can make them fight throwing the whole lot back up.

Once they have given up their prize I think replacing it with a piece of bread might be appreciated.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest LindsaySF

Hydrogen peroxide - you can pour it straight down their throat, or mix it with bread and peanut butter in a bowl and they will lap it up on their own.

Everything ok?

Hi everyone, just got off the phone with Cora. It was her huge greyhound Shooter who got into the Rimadyl, he has arthritus anyway & she said he never threw up the medication, never showed any signs of distress & was actually feeling a lot better. She said it was half pieces also.

She's really super tired, and just got home with Iron Man from OSU, so she said for me to Thank everyone for their help, she apologized for not getting back on line & letting us know what happened. She drove all day yesterday from Ohio to Tennessee, so she was just too tired.

She's been through a whole lot this summer, she's already lost 2 to age, 1 to cancer & now she has another with cancer. So she needs a lot of prayers & encouragement.

Shooter seems to be doing fine. He just loved the Hydrogen Peroxide. He never threw up. I will attach at photo of our boy Shooter. His father is Scott Free. Shooter was dressed to go to his retirement party at Derby Lane a few years ago. Then they said no dogs allowed. As you can see he is a character.

ShooterRedTie1.jpg

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Shooter seems to be doing fine. He just loved the Hydrogen Peroxide. He never threw up. I will attach at photo of our boy Shooter. His father is Scott Free. Shooter was dressed to go to his retirement party at Derby Lane a few years ago. Then they said no dogs allowed. As you can see he is a character.

ShooterRedTie1.jpg

Look at him :wub::wub:

I'm so glad he's ok Cora, this is the first time I have ever heard of a dog not throwing up after Peroxide.

Tall and handsome boy.

Get some rest!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg