Si Slider ("sly") 8-24-98 To 9-21-09

Guest bigorangedog

I am so sorry. My heart and prayers are with you. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Jen, what a lovely tribute. Thank-you for sharing and celebrating your boy. It's clear that you loved and understood him so well, and that for those last months of his life, he was truly "home" in every sense of the word.

Though there is never a good time to lose them, my heart is breaking for you---the suddenness, the lingering sadness, the sadness to come---it seems too much to bear. But your tribute shows that there is joy, appreciation, gratefulness that will grow as your pain eases. I know it's hard to see that through your tears right now, but he was a gift that you can treasure forever.

Run free, sweet boy, and send your Mom a sign that you are watching over her still. She loves you and needs you so much.

:grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:weep

I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your precious Slider.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I'm so sorry for your loss...what a lovely tribute, albeit a tearful one.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest bigorangedog

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. We really appreciate it. We're saying our final goodbye to Sly tomorrow morning, at an "attended" cremation. I don't know if anyone here knew Sly in person (maybe some MI people out there), but he really was just the very best. I hope you know him a little bit now from my post. Please think of him tomorrow. I still can't quite believe that he is gone.

I'm so very sorry!!! :( :( :(:cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

My deepest condolences on your loss of Sly.

:f_red:grouphug:gh_run

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

:cry1 I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet Sly. :grouphug:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JillinMichigan

I didn't see this post until today. I think you are wonderful for driving to Michigan to get Sly and loving him dearly. I had the privilege of fostering for 2 months his "sister" Moonlight from Alabama (where they lived together with a family for 7 years or so before they were returned). Michigan REGAP goes to a kennel in Alabama to get dogs where Slider & Moonlight were taken in. I was told they were returned because the family had small children, and the one 2-year-old was swatting Moonlight in the eye (she had an ulcer that had to be taken care of while I was fostering her, along with a few other issues that were luckily resolved). Anyway, Moonlight is doing fine a year later at 10 years old with a family who has another female greyhound who is 5. I never had a chance to meet Slider, but I can say that Moonlight is just as sweet and playful as Slider was. She is 10 but still thinks she is 4-5, which is great. She gets walked for a couple of miles every day. I am so sorry that you didn't have Sly for longer, but you made the last part of his life happy and fulfilled. Your tribute made me cry also.