Si Slider ("sly") 8-24-98 To 9-21-09

Guest bigorangedog

Guest bigorangedog

To my sweet baby Slider,

You’ve been with us for 6 of the hardest months of my life. When you came here, I was in so much pain from the loss of Tanner that I didn’t know if I’d ever be okay again. I saw something in your photo on the Michigan REGAP site, and I knew you were meant for us. And you were perfect.

No one could be around you and be sad for long. You were irresistible. You gave us so much in these past months, more than most people get to have in a lifetime.

Thank you for your tooth chattering. It made everyone laugh. Everyone at the Meet n Greets was instantly charmed by you, instantly wanted to hug you tight. It sounded like you were going to rattle your teeth right out of your head. But we know you did it when you were happy.

Thank you for being such a great Meet n Greet dog. I know you helped a lot of dogs find homes during your time with us. Everybody loved you. They thought you were so pretty and so soft and so sweet. You let little kids crawl on you, and helped me eat my French fries and cheese curds all summer long. I’m sorry we kept bringing you to places with balloons. You really hated the balloons. It would have been better now that the festival season is over.

Thank you for your wiggly ambling walk. You had such loosey-goosey hips, and you waved your tail all around. It made us smile just to watch you trucking around the house and the yard.

Thank you for your paper shredding. You went at it with such joy and abandon. And persistence! You really wanted the paper shredded right now. Tissue paper was your favorite, but newspapers, napkins, whatever you could get your teeth on would do. I loved to watch you do it, obviously enjoying yourself so much.

Thank you for your runaway-freight-train run. You ran sideways, without regard to where you were headed or what might be in your way. You ran out that way today to the yard. When I came back to get you, I expected you to run back that way to me, like you always did. You would run past me a little, turn, dance a bit, and run back up to me. When we’d played that game once or twice, you’d come to stand next to me and nose my hand for pets, and we’d wait for the other dogs to be done.

Thank you for putting up with your brother Crisco. He’s old, and achey, and grumpy. He grumped at you an awful lot, but you never grumped back. You just sat there calmly and waited for him to get over it. He did love you, in his way.

Thank you for the way you snarfed down your bagel sandwiches like you were a snake swallowing a rabbit whole. You’d be done with yours before Crisco had even managed to get the top off his. It made us happy to see how enthusiastic you were about it.

Thank you for sleeping next to me, and helping to fill the empty space that Tanner left. I could not bear to see that empty bed every morning. It made me happy to see you there, curled up or sprawled out.

Thank you for your excitement about car rides. Whenever you thought you had a chance of getting brought along on a trip, no matter to where, you were so excited we could barely get out of your way. You barreled down the stairs and through the door….Only to stop and wait for us to lift your back end into the van.

Thank you for your soft bunny fur, and your little pudgy greyhound belly. You were like a stuffed animal when I hugged you.

Thank you for putting up with Sunny, and maybe even liking her a little bit. She called you Si-Si. She always wanted to bring you along in the car, and she laughed at all your silly tricks. You were just such an easy-going, silly, goofball.

Thank you for trusting us, after so much transition and loss in your life. I really, really hope you knew how much we loved you and that we would have been with you forever.

Sly, thank you for saving me, when I was in such a dark place after Tanner died. You brought smiles back to everyone, brought me new hope. You brought back thoughts of happy times to come, when I had wondered if all my happiness had died with Tanner. You were so much like him, that if I believed in such things I would believe that he sent you to me when I needed you the most. Neither of you had a mean or naughty bone in your body. You were both just pure goodness. Maybe that’s why I lost you both so quickly. No one deserves to have that much pure goodness in their lives for long.

Sly, I loved you so much that I even thought I might be able to stand the loss of Crisco. You made me smile even today, as I sat with him and tried to wrap my head around the idea that I will lose him soon too. He’s been my best friend for 7 years, and losing him will be like losing a part of my body that I need to survive. To lose him so close on the heels of Tanner’s death is just too much. But I thought that if I had you, my sweet boy, I could get through it. It was too much to ask of you.

I don’t know what I will do without you, my silly old guy. I truly cannot believe that you are gone. So fast. You were acting goofy and playing with your bunny not five minutes before you left me. I just hope you know that you were loved beyond measure, and that you were finally home forever.

I love you Si Slider, Sly dog, pudge monkey, fuzzy little noodle. I will never, ever forget you.

If all this rainbow bridge stuff turns out to be true, or some version of it anyway, please take care of Tanner. You would really have liked each other.

Guest greymama002

Such a beautiful tribute to your precious boy! I'm so sorry that you didn't get more time together, but so glad he came when you most needed him. Y ou have so many wonderful memories that he's left you with. :angelwings:gh_run

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 You wrote a lovely tribute to a boy who was not with you long enough.

Godspeed Sly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Wow - totally crying here! As blessed as you were to have him, I think he was just as blessed.

Run free sweet Sly - thank you for helping heal broken hearts during your journey here!!!

Wow - totally crying here! As blessed as you were to have him, I think he was just as blessed.

Run free sweet Sly - thank you for helping heal broken hearts during your journey here!!!

:cry1:cry1:cry1:brokenheart:brokenheart

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I couldn't say it any better. Godspeed sweetie.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:cry1 I'm so sorry.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Again, I am so sorry. I feel your pain across the screen. My heart is breaking with yours.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh, to have been so blessed to share your life with him and he with you. I am so sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest 3greysinPA

This says it all.

It sure does...

Ditto... :sad1:cry1

Godspeed sweet Sly! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

There are no words.....I'm so truly sorry.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson