Why Is This Happening?

Guest bigorangedog

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 3greysinPA

My heart breaks :brokenheart for you and all this pain... what a set of cards you have been given... i wish we could trade them in for you...

please accept my deepest condolences for all the losses you have had to endure since February... It's not Fair... :sad1

God Speed to the Bridge Sly f_yellow:gh_run2f_yellow

Guest lynne893

oh, honey, how horrible. i am so, so very sorry for your hardship.

i can't think of words to comfort. words won't do. i will say, though, that those dogs are so lucky to have been loved by someone so good as you, and it sounds like you feel so lucky, too.

give your crisco as much love as you can and more. try to live in the good moments and in the good memories.

god speed to one and all.

lynne

Oh, Jen, honey, words won't come, and I'm crying too hard. Marilyn pretty much said exactly what I'm feeling. I too opened this thread with a sinking heart and sense of dread, expecting to see that Crisco had left you even sooner than you expected. I'm having trouble processing Sly's sudden passing, and I can't imagine the level of your grief right now, dealing with this and the sadness to come.

I think when you open your heart and give of yourself as much as you do, having your heart broken is a risk you take because you understand deep inside that it is worth it. At times like this, it certainly doesn't seem like it, I know. But there couldn't be a better, safer, more loving and joyful place for any of your precious dogs to live out their lives, however long that might be. Sly knew the happiness of being truly loved and being precisely where he was meant to be. And he got to be with the person he loved in return, doing what made him happy, right up until the very end. That awful suddenness makes any loss doubly hard to bear. You understood that when I lost my Nick, and the picture of him is something I treasure. I look at your angel Greys on my wall, and know you have the gift of making your own angels live on, in your heart, and in the hearts of so many others.

I know everyone says, I wish there was something I could do. I wish that too. And I want to ask that literally as well. Truly, is there anything I can do, we can do, to help ease your pain? If knowing that we share your sorrow, and hold you in our prayers helps at all, then you can be assured of that.

I'm so sorry you lost your beloved Sly.

Sending hugs to you, and a special hug to Crisco.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh no... :cry1 Your heart must be shattered. :brokenheart I'm so very sorry that it was time for Sly to leave you. Godspeed, precious boy... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, man, I can't even imagine what you must be going through :weep

I have no words.... just :grouphug's

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

I'm so awfully, terribly sorry. It isn't fair, but what is wonderful is the loving, happy home you gave to all these sweet animals before they left life too soon. Thank goodness for you. Please take care of yourself. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I can't imagine what you are going through. Please know that you made all of their lives better and they knew how

much they were loved. I am so sorry for all of your losses.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so very sorry for all of your losses. I would feel like I was stuck in a nightmare. My thoughts are prayers are with you. Run free Sly. They all had a good home and good life - there are no words.

Every post under "Remembrance" brings tears to my eyes. I am sorry for the losses we all must endure in life. It breaks my heart to read about the passing of each and every beloved hound. Love brings us such great joy but with it the promise of great sorrow.

So much loss and so much heartache for you. Your puppers are/were so very fortunate to have someone like you care so very much and love them so deeply. That is true love. And you made their lives - and yours - the better for it.

:cry1

Life teaches us so many hard lessons. I guess after the death of my mother and loss of virtually all of my relatives (I was the baby in the family), I have finally learned to bend and grow.

My hounds are now 10-1/2 and almost 12. I do not know how much longer they will be with me here on this earth, but I love them as much as I can every single day. That's all you can do.

Wishing you brighter days. :heart

Oh no. I am so very sorry. I'm tearing up reading what you wrote. I hope and pray you get through this OK. This is a horrible time but it will pass. You sound like a person with love in your heart for your pets...and some other pet will feel that love and know that security from you again one day. You gave all your animals a time of happiness I'm sure. Hold onto that.

Guest kodywyoming

Just sending more love and hugs to your soul yurt. I had the same thing happen to me in '06 -- I lost two cats, a dog, and a horse...and the only survivor, the kitten I got that year that I cared about very deeply, died back in June.

You'd think after a certain point it would stop hurting, or at least we'd stop loving so much, but at least for me, neither has happened. I still cry thinking about the kitty I lost months ago, and some days it's tough to look at the photo of my filly hanging on my bulletin board (after 3 years), but that didn't stop me from adopting Zoey and loving her like crazy after only a month. No matter how much heartbreak comes from sharing your life with an animal, they will bring you a million times that much joy.

Guest zoolaine

My heart is breaking for you :cry1 Although I am terribly sorry that you didn't have more time with Sly, how wonderful that he was able to find his forever family and forever home. He will always be with you.

I'm so sorry to hear about Sly's passing, but please take comfort in knowing that you gave him 5 wonderful months and a chance to go doing something he loved - playing in the sunshine. Even though our foster homes love their dogs so much, I'm so glad to know that he was able to find his forever home before he ended his journey. Thank you for taking him in and caring for him so deeply.

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

I am so sorry :grouphug ...in the short time he was with you Sly has clearly left an indelible mark on your heart....you have more hard times to come but Sly has left you with memories that will lift your spirits during the hard times if you let them, that was his gift to you to thank you for being there in his time of need.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

We've only had him 5 months. He was PERFECT. We loved him so much. He had finally found the family who would keep him forever and love him.

That is a very important point!

I've said how many times: they stay as long as they need to, not as long as we want them to.

:grouphug

Diane's right. And you DID keep him forever, and you DID love him. And he knew it. That's the gift we give them, and unfortunately, we pay for that gift with heartache.

I am so very sorry for your losses...that's way too much in too short of a time.

:bighug:grouphug :f_yellow

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)