Why Is This Happening?

Guest bigorangedog

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine what you must be going through. How terribly unfair life can be.

A few years ago, not 24 hours after my parents' dog died, my sister was playing in the snow with her 5 year old, very healthy boxer, Lady and the kids. Lady jumped to catch a snowball and fell to the ground. It was the same awful drive to the vet with her in the back seat, only to hear that it was too late. Apparently it was a heart attack, like your sweet Sly.

To have lost as much as you have in such a short period of time is beyond belief. I'm so sorry. I wish words could help you feel some small comfort.

Godspeed Sly. You left far too soon.

:f_white

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

No words.

:grouphug

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My heart is absolutely broken for you. Life can be so unfair. Please know that you can always find comfort and a friend who will grieve with you here on Gt. We didn't necessarily know your pups, but we know the pain of losing our own. Gentle hugs to you. :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

GODSPEED SWEET SLY :f_red:gh_run:f_red

My heart is breaking for you, I wish there was something I could say to help you but I know this is so much to deal with, you are in my thoughts and prayers, please try to stay strong.

I am so sorry for all your losses. Hopefully in some time the pain will lessen and you will be able to take comfort in knowing they were all well-loved. It is never easy to lose them, especially so many so close together. Hugs.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

OMG :cry1:ohno How utterly heartbreaking. :( I'm so, so sorry. You've had a very, very tough year. I can't even begin to imagine how defeated you and emotionally vulnerable you must feel.

Please remember, though, that you changed your dogs' lives forever with the love that you gave them. You truly made a difference in their lives. They will always be with you. :heart

Sending many, many hugs to you :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

So very sorry for the losses you have experienced. After being in greyhound adoption many years, I've come to the conclusion that people like you are special and the dogs somehow make their way to you. I've met many people who would never have it in them to love and care for a dog like you have. Each one came to you and both were better for it. Just think about how much you gave to them and what the world would have been like for you had they not been with you. Just remember, to the world you are just one person, but to each greyhound you were the world.

Guest multigrey

Jen....I wish I could find some very special words to make this whole thing understandable and acceptable......but I can't.

I look around my house and I find walls filled with your art work....I have always loved what you created....your art always made me smile. I was so overwhelmed when you sent me "Blue Boggles".....he has a place of honor in the living room, just as he has a place of honor in my heart.

How I wish I could comfort you the way you have comforted me during the sad, sad times of loss.

My heart goes out to all of you....all I can hope for is that you will find peace with your memories and that they will bring you smiles instead of tears.

f_yellowf_yellow

Jen, I am so sorry you are going through this, my heart goes out to you and Lloyd. I know how much your pups mean to both of you.

We lost our big gentle giant Cody on April 14 and I am still not over it, can't even imagine how you are feeling.

Terry

I am so sorry for all of your losses...how sad. I have no words, just tears and :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I don't have any answers, but want you to know I'm so sorry you're going through this. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Downtownhoundz
Today my beloved Sly had a heart attack and died. He was playing with his bunny, came over to bop my hand with his head for pets, and did his wiggle dance to go outside. I put him out, came back to check Crisco who was just diagnosed with cancer in his spine, and went back out for Sly just 30 seconds later. He was down on his side, at first I thought he had laid down in the grass but he never does that. I ran out to him, he was struggling to breathe. I pried his mouth open but couldn't see anything choking him. I literally dragged him across the yard to the van. I am 100 lbs and he is 80, and I cannot lift him. I drove like a maniac to the vet, running red lights, but I could tell he had stopped breathing in the van. They couldn't bring him back.

We've only had him 5 months. He was PERFECT. We loved him so much. He had finally found the family who would keep him forever and love him.

Tanner, my heart, died in February after a hard battle with bone cancer.

Annie, our little girl, was diagnosed with bone cancer days later and died in April.

Abby, our schnauzer, started having seizures andwas diagnosed with a brain tumor. Eventually we couldn't control the seizures and she left us in August.

On Friday we found the cancer in Crisco's spine. Crisco is my best friend, my soul. He has a month or two to live.

We drove out to Michigan to get Sly after Tanner died because I needed someone to help get me through it. And Sly was wonderful. He made me smile even today, even while I sat by Crisco and tried to come to terms with the idea of losing him. Sly chattered his teeth, and poked me with his nose, and did his funny wiggly walk. He was irresistable. I thought that if I had Sly, I could get through losing Crisco.

Now, I don't know how I will do it.

If you read this in a book, you would think, "That's just too crazy -- that would never happen in real life." I wish I could wake up from this. It just can't possibly be real.

I love you my little Sly dog.

I'm so terribly terribly sorry for all you're going thru and I wish I had some words of comfort for you. :grouphug