Mrs T (tina) Is Finally Home!

Guest greymama002

Guest greymama002

So many wonderful people to thank for seeing that our precious Mrs T (also known as Tina) found her way home to us!

It all began early this summer, when I became addicted to the Suzi Awards thread, and Quilty's thread, and started yearning for a special senior of my own!

Then LoveSeniorGreys started the thread "Groups Profile Your Oldest & Neediest Hounds Here", and Corby's Mom posted the story of Mrs T! I kept coming back over & over hoping that she had found a home, and then finally, it occurred to me- WHY NOT US? So I inquired to Lisa at Grateful Geryhounds if they would consider an out of state adoption & she said that they would! Lisa told me that MrsT had been in an all breed shelter in Florida for the longest time & deemed "unadoptable" because of her age & medical issues, but somehow Lisa saw how special this little lady was, and got excellent medical care for her with Dr. Longo, having her cancerous thyroid removed and getting treatments for heartworms. Recovering from her treatments, our girl stayed with a wonderful foster family, Holly & Peter, and finally, last Sunday night, I heard from Lisa, That MrsT/Tina had been cleared for adoption! So yesterday morning at 7:00 A.M., a wonderful Grateful Greyhound volunteer, Karen, picked up our girl from her foster home in NY, and then brought her to New Haven, CT, where she was handed over to Dave & Eliza, volunteers for Pups Without Partners, who drove her to Springfield, MA, where we met up with her, and fell immediately in love! We were very lucky Dave & Eliza didn't decide to keep her, because she was a perfect match with their 2 cowdoggies! She is our first girl grey & first senior, and she looks so incredibly tiny next to Ruffie & Pulsar. Ruffie was just beside himself with excitement to meet a brand new girl doggie, and we hoped she would not feel intimidated by 2 big boy dogs, but after the initial excitement, everyone is getting along fine.

MrsT/Tina is settling in very nicely, eating well, trying out all the various dog beds, and loves squeaking her stuffies! She gives one surprisingly loud bark when she needs to go out! This morning we went for a nice walk around the block with all 3 of our greys, it went very well! She loves sniffing around the woodsy areas. She noticed a squirrel in the woods, and got so excited, her ears went up, she froze, & she gave her one loud bark! When we got back, Pulsar was a perfect gentleman and let her go up the steps first; it was really sweet to see!

Since she has been called Tina in her foster home, we will probably keep that name, and she is such a teeny little thing, that the name fits, but I am still calling her Mrs T as a nickname because that's the name she had when she first grabbed my heartstrings! We are filled with joy at the arrival of our first little senior grey girl!

Now, for what everyone's waiting for! the Pix!

Dave & Eliza , me & Mrs.T/Tina

DSCN3225.jpg

Dh & I & our girl!

DSCN3226.jpg

She is beautiful!! Bless you for providing Mrs. T/Tina with a loving home that she's waited so long for! :grouphug

And welcome to the good life, Mrs. T!!! :confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

tina is a perfect name for her! :wub: we had a babysitter while we were growing up who we kindly nicknamed "teeny-tiny-tina". somehow, i think it would be perfect for your little lady, too!!! enjoy her!!!

She is adorable. CONGRATULATIONS!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Welcome home, Tina! Congratulation! :confetti

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest CorbysMom

Isn't she just wonderful? I wanted to adopt her so badly, but it would have brought me over the legal limit in my town. I'm glad she found someone like you to love. :)

Congratulations and bless you for seeing the beauty in a little old lady who so many others overlooked.

A wonderful story. Every girl dog should have the opportunity to live with two boy dogs to boss around....and, I'm sure she will.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest PhillyPups

Joan,

:confetti You will now be under the spell of the GoldenGirlieGreys and never be without one or two :wub:

Mrs T (that is what a lot of folks called my mom) is so lucky to have found you and you are so very lucky to have her. She has pulled at my heartstrings from the getgo, so much so, that I had to stop reading that thread. I am so happy she is with you!!

Guest greymama002
She's a beauty! Congratulations! :confetti What is her age?

Her exact age is unknown, since her tattoos are illegible, but the vet who examined her believes that she is around 10.

nancy14: "Every girl dog should have the opportunity to live with two boy dogs to boss around....and, I'm sure she will." - Yes, she will be great at keeping our young & excitable Ruffie in his place. Already, when he has gotten a bit too much in her face, she lets him know with her BARK, and he just backs right off!

PhillyPups: "You will now be under the spell of the GoldenGirlieGreys and never be without one or two"- That's for sure! She is both spunky & sweet as can be, such a happy girl- we feel so greatly blessed to have her with us!

Today when I got home, she was so excited barking & playbowing to the boys and wanting to chase them around! She still needs to avoid running & such for a few more weeks because of the heartworm treatment- so it's going to be a challenge to keep her calm! I just love this joyful & fiesty little lady!

One more pic of our happy girl!

Tinastuffie.jpg

what a a great story! you guys are terrific for offering this beautiful girl a home. i love a happy ending.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

What a wonderful story. Congratulations to you and especially to Mrs. T!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Joan, Tina is precious!! Congratulations on your special new girlie!!! :blush

Lubs and Scritches from PA - Jackie, Bindi and DAZZLE (Ruffie's Sister!!) :)

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad to hear Mrs. T is doing well. Even though we just spent a couple hours with her she made a big impression. Here's some photos from our trip:

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6157copy.jpg

IMG_61671.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

Great pics. I particularly like the first one.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)