Embarrassing..... But I Have To Ask

Guest Herrmann

Guest Herrmann

Ok there really is no nice way to say this…. Our foster ate a condom, should I be concerned? To make things worse we are turning her over to her forever home in les than 24 hours…. So you can see the dilemma that we face. First there is no way to hide the evidence, I know that I look at the poop and I think it would be hard to miss on the way out. So do I confess and tell the foster parents or start believing that honesty is not always the best policy.

I had a foster dog who ate more used condoms than I care to count :blush (you can't flush them when you're on septic, and he went STRAIGHT for the bathroom trash can at every given opportunity, I swear). There will indeed be a condom in the poop so you should warn the adopters if you don't see it before she goes to their place. Maybe it'll make an appearance in the morning, though. :goodluck

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Oops. ;)

Well....I wouldn't worry too much about an obstruction as I am sure it will pass. But yes...the question is when....

You can probably expect to see it around 12 hours but each dog is different. You could give her some mineral oil to help it through...might even speed up the process a bit. But then I would be worried about giving her runny poo right before she goes to her forever home. I know my dog's system speeds up a lot with a good run....so maybe start running? ;)

I feel your pain....and hope that it passes by 12 hours.... :goodluck

I had a lab that ate condom, it was a colored condom, so it was real easy to find on it's way out! Uh, it was unused, she pulled it out of my briefcase...I run a teen pregnancy prevention program, so I have these things around all the time!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I had a lab that ate condom, it was a colored condom, so it was real easy to find on it's way out! Uh, it was unused, she pulled it out of my briefcase...I run a teen pregnancy prevention program, so I have these things around all the time!

And there is the story you could tell the future family when they pick her up and warn them to be on the look out for the item. :lol:lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

i am going to file this under the same heading as the threads discussing the eating of used sanitary napkins, that is

'things you wish you didn't know'

:)

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Cute first post :lol

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Connie, if we start reading this excuse a lot on GT we'll know where it came from :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Connie, if we start reading this excuse a lot on GT we'll know where it came from :lol

I'm blushing and it wasn't even my dog (this time) that ate the condom! :blush

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Might be nice though, to warn the new adopters that this pup likes to dine in the bathroom trash. I think its a pretty funny story and I know that I got a laugh out of it.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I think the new adopters will probably get a good laugh out of it - but hopefully it will show up in the morning poop before you hand the foster over. :lol

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Was it colored? If so, it should be real easy to spot! The one Chaka ate was red, I didn't know she ate it until I went out to clean up poop...when I first glanced at it I thought it was a blood stool. :lol

Might be nice though, to warn the new adopters that this pup likes to dine in the bathroom trash. I think its a pretty funny story and I know that I got a laugh out of it.

Yep, I agree...let them know for two reasons. So they don't freak out when they see it and so they know to keep their trash out of reach :)

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I'd postpone sending her to her permanent home until it passes. Chances are very, very good that it'll pass with no issue. Occasionally, items will rattle around in a dog's gut for a long time and come up when you least expect it. When this happens, it's MESSY. Not as in vet visit messy, but messy as in, "I didn't know so much puke could come out of a dog". Very rarely, it'll get hung up just right that the vet must clear the obstruction (my vet has several stories, including a pair of red underwear and a bag of pot).

Definitely a +1 on telling her new owners of her dumpster-diving habit!

Best of luck!

Lynn

Many years ago we had our dogs at a backyard birthday party. There were lots of balloons that the kids were popping, and we didn't notice that one of our dogs ate a number of the popped balloons . . .until the next day when it was REALLY easy to find the colorful poop that needed scooping.

The balloons all passed without incident. I'd imagine a single condom won't likely be a problem.

Can't resist....must say it.......at least the poop will be bagged when it comes out.... :crazy:crazy:crazy

Sorry - as you can see - I need help.

Welcome to Greytalk.....

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I probably would have induced vomiting if I had figured it out within an hour of ingestion. But if it's been awhile, you'll just have to wait it out. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Growing up we had a standard poodle, who took my brothers condom out of the garbage and brought it to my mother. My sister-in-law (who was just the girlfriend at the time) was never a big fan of the poodles after that.

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi and welcome to GT where poop is a regular part of our daily conversation, but it is usually about firmness, not about it being packaged :wave

I must say this goes to the top of the list in my memory for most unique first post.

Okay I tried the warm welcome, be nice to a first time poster but I just can't help myself.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Guest 3greysinPA
:wave Hi and welcome to GT where poop is a regular part of our daily conversation, but it is usually about firmness, not about it being packaged :wave

I must say this goes to the top of the list in my memory for most unique first post.

Okay I tried the warm welcome, be nice to a first time poster but I just can't help myself.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

:lol:lol:lol oh pat... thank you for making me laugh ...

Welcome To GT.... yes.. .this is definitely a very memorable first post... :welcome:welcome2

Guest TeddysMom

You really gave me a good laugh for the night, thanks for posting this. I'm sure he will be fine and I hope he passes it before he goes off to his new home. I bet you remember this foster grey forever!

i have visions of the poop coming out already packaged and neatly wrapped in a layer of rubber.

slightly off topic, have you ever tried fastening a condom over the tap in the bathtub and filling it with water? it is amazing how much water it will hold without bursting. isn't science wonderful :D

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest PhillyPups
i have visions of the poop coming out already packaged and neatly wrapped in a layer of rubber.

slightly off topic, have you ever tried fastening a condom over the tap in the bathtub and filling it with water? it is amazing how much water it will hold without bursting. isn't science wonderful :D

Is this from a personal experiment?

:lol :lol :lol

It wasn't treated with spermicide or anything? If it was, you might check with a vet over the phone.

I'd love to hear your conversation with the new adopters. Quite the ice breaker, this. :lol

Edited by SusanP