Introducing!

Guest caelanarcher

Guest caelanarcher

So we finally brought home our first houndie, and boy is this going to be an adventure. (Don't worry, pictures are at the bottom of this post, but I'm going to talk first). He's officially a "dark fawn", and everybody I asked had a different opinion on what that meant. Apparently it meant "Be still, my heart!" He's got dark ears, nose, and tail (much like his sister, Kiowa Jax Jay).

First off, Aaron (formerly Kiowa Jax Jessie) is an ABSOLUTE FOOD HOUND. He's very curious, wants to stick his nose in everything, and so far he seems to be exceptionally smart. He's been home for just about 2 hours now (a little less), and he's already discovered his comfortable crate, the pile of plush blankets on the floor for him, and what a nice thing it is to lie in front of a fan in the bedroom. Our stairs are open-backed, so he's a smidge freaked out by them, but his curiosity seems to overcome that. He'll go over to the stairs, sniff a few times, and take a step or two. If we go over to give him a little assistance, and he can make his way to the top (around a landing, even!), although he looks a little bit like Bambi on the ice. :lol

Well, enough talk. I know what you guys all came here for.

p1010024cq.jpg

p1010021by.jpg

p1010019yh.jpg

p1010025ev.jpg

Check out his dark spotted tail!!! Too cute. He swings it in HUGE circles; it's his Chopper Tail.

p1010027am.jpg

This is what I'm seeing behind me right now:

p1010029x.jpg

p1010030ic.jpg

I may be biased, but I think he's the most gorgeous hunk I've ever laid eyes on. :wub: The dog, that is. DBF's not bad either.

Edited by caelanarcher

Congrats! :confetti Aaron is simply gorgeous! :wub: My first houndie was a fawn with a black tail. We always joked about it being her "fire-sale" tail. :)

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

He's very handsome.

Congratulations!!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

WOW! That is a handsome hunk you've got there! :beatheart

Congratulations and welcome, Aaron!! :confetti:clap

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Congratulations! Aaron is beautiful, and seems to be adjusting super-fast -- amazing that within two hours he's able to get up open stairs! You deserve it after all you've been through -- I'm so happy for you, and eager to hear more updates of his life with you!

:banana :banana :banana

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest greymama002
:confetti Congratulations on your extraordinarily handsome boy! :confetti I just love those fawns with the black shadow! So happy that you finally got the grey of your dreams!!!!! Best wishes & can't wait for more pictures!