Roady My Heart Greyhound

Guest PawsDeDeux

Guest PawsDeDeux

I lost Roady, suddenly, yesterday. I was with her all day, in the same room and

yard with her every second. She woke,was ok - ate some of her breakfast but not all,

then became restless, then stressed, then collapsed, At the vets they tried everything

to save her. She made it through xrays, bloodwork but was in such bad shape all they

could try was exploratory surgery. They removed her spleen that was 4-5 times normal

size and was crowding her lungs and bowels and some of her bowel was greyish but not

necrotic and she woke up and we were all hoping the antibiotics, 5 bags of fluid and meds

would help give her time for her bowel to pink back up, but she died a few hours later. It

was all just too much for her little body. I was with her for all of it except once she was asleep

and even while they intubated her so I could be sure my words and touch couldn't be heard

and felt through the anesthesia, and then for maybe about 1/2 hour around 11:00pm as I was

traveling home and they called and said she had just stopped breathing on her own and then

her heart slowed and stopped. I turned around but didn't get back in time, and they said she

was not consciousbut they were with her trying oxygen and talking to her.

9 of the worst hours I've ever endured.

I just can't stop sobbing and thinking. I don't know what to do with myself. It feels like its more

than I can bear.

6922fc90.jpg

Edited by PawsDeDeux

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandy,

I am so very sorry for your loss.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest jettcricket

Oh, Sandy....I'm so sorry. My heart hurts for you. :grouphug Go find Jett and Cricket sweet girl...they will show you around the bridge.

Peace and white light to you..... :f_pink

Guest Energy11

Sandy, we are sooo sorry for you loss. sooooooooooo, sooooooooooo sorry!

Love you! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. My Bob, Bold Energy, Dasher and Max, at The Bridge for your Roady! :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink (from My Five) :f_white:f_white:f_white:f_white (From my Dear Bob and my three Bridge babies)

How scary and tragic. I am so very sorry for your sudden and unexpected loss.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry. I know exactly what you experienced and I'm sorry you lost your girl. Run free, sweet and beautiful Roady!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)