Quick Question On Dental Price

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

$757.00 for a full dental, iv fluids, propofol as the anesthesia, bloodwork, pain meds and two extractions of molars.

Is this about right? This is the first dental that I have done for my girl.

Thanks!

Guest LeanneSchatz
Judging by the prices here for a dental, that is very inexpensive

That's good to know! I take her in tomrrow morning so I am sure I will post again! I am going to be a nervous wreck but she'll feel so much better afterwards (hopefully!)

I remember that she goes in tomorrow, and I know you're nervous, we all get nervous. She'll feel much better, and try to remember to ask after the dental is they came out easy or if they were difficult.

We'll be thinking of you both tomorrow

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest LeanneSchatz
I remember that she goes in tomorrow, and I know you're nervous, we all get nervous. She'll feel much better, and try to remember to ask after the dental is they came out easy or if they were difficult.

I will. Do they typically have to get stitches for extractions?

Guest WhenIGiveIn

OMG for around here that is insanley high! I had a dental and a neuter done at the same time and it was 330.

oh that is with no extractions but extractions are $12 a tooth

Guest LeanneSchatz

This is just what they gave me over the phone so I am not sure on the price per extraction but I was actually expecting higher. There is another vet I can go to but I don't really trust the office or the staff. I took my girl there for a vaccine once and I just didn't feel that they were on the up and up. She's worth every penny. These girls are like my kids! I know we all feel that way!

I will. Do they typically have to get stitches for extractions?

For the molars, yes she'll have a few stitches that will disolve

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I live in Boston and have a dental scheduled for next week at Angell Memorial Hospital. My guy is high risk due to PLN/PLE/IBD so they are having a board certified anethesiologist be part of the team. He is 10 and has already lost half his teeth and he will likely lose most if not all of the rest (21) due to severe periodontal disease and because he will not likely be able to have another dental in his lifetime. He is currently fighting an infection from a tooth so there are no options but to proceed. He has also been seen by a cardiologist and the dentist and Internal Medicine doc have been working out a plan for all his meds. With all that said, they gave me a quote of $750 - $1,100 and this includes a full set of x-rays. I was expecting WAY more. They price based on time of procedure versus the number of teeth and which teeth. His last dental was done by my regular vet and he lost 18 teeth and the total bill was $1,350. Angell Memorial is run by the MSPCA and is non-profit so I don't know if that factors into it or not. As far as I can tell, costs are all over the board for dentals.

Thinking good thoughts for your pups dental!

Guest greyvettech

That is very expensive. I'm sorry, but it seems as though the Dr. is pocketing a lot of that money... I would think $400 is more like it.... The clinic I work for, probably wouldn't even charge that much.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

What vet did you go to? Buzz just had a recent one with all that with 2 extractions plus had a mole removed and some extra meds and it was $550. I think it would have been around $350-$400 without the extras.

Edited to add - Oh yeah you told me the vet you go to. I'm in Scottsdale where everything is more exensive and that price you quoted is way out of line in my opinion.

Edited by Spencers_Greyt

Guest LeanneSchatz
What vet did you go to? Buzz just had a recent one with all that with 2 extractions plus had a mole removed and some extra meds and it was $550. I think it would have been around $350-$400 without the extras.

Edited to add - Oh yeah you told me the vet you go to. I'm in Scottsdale where everything is more exensive and that price you quoted is way out of line in my opinion.

I have an appointment for Sizzle, my other girl to go in for her dental next week. I am debating moving it to either the vet you go to or back to Southside with Dr. Y. I just don't know what to do.

Toby had his dental day before yesterday. It was a little over $300.00.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest my3greys

Reuben has very bad peridontal disease they told us. This was his second dental. Now they suggest a dental every 6 months! Yikes at almost 600.00 a shot, that is very expensive dentals. she also said a dental should be done every year! I was not aware of that. Any thoughts on this?