River - No Visible Lesions Confirmed!

Guest Annie

It sounds as if you and River have the kind of bond that I had with James. He too was a super-sensitive boy. They are just so loveable, aren't they? So dear and precious.

I am soooo hoping this is something else. :hope :hope :hope

I don't need to tell you to spend as much time with him as possible, do I? Give him a scritch from me and Jim while you're down there. :wub:

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping you and River in my thoughts and prayers today.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Oh Annie - I am just now seeing this and hoping and praying that it is something very treatable. We know how much you love your crew and would do anything for them - I am just praying all you have to do is love them for a long time to come. Please keep us posted. Dr. Cuoto and his team are amazing, hope they can give you some good, positive answers. Sending extra prayers, hugs and scritches.

You and River will be in my thoughts. :grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Nothing but good thoughts and prayers being sent to you and River from VA. Dr. Cuoto and his team are amazing and will get back with you right away. Give that handsome boy a big hug and a kiss! :grouphug

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

River has been out for a couple of walks today and although he's not limping, the boy who usually charges on ahead, is stepping very cautiously.

I have decided to hold off on the Tramadol because I was told that he might feel out of it, and that would upset him so much! It seems the Metacam is working very well, at least for now.

I had to "have words" with my vet's office today when the tech didn't send River's Xrays to OSU in a timely fashion! I called 6 times, before it got done, and by then, they were closed for the day. You know, it might not be that important to her, but this is MY dog and My responsibility to ensure he has the best care possible!!! Finally, another tech, who knows River well, took over and sent them off. My vet actually shared with me yesterday that if this is osteo, it is the earliest stages of it that she has ever seen. Most people let their dogs limp for days/weeks before they take action. River limped for the first time yesterday morning.

Let's face it... for most of us here... our hounds mean everything!

Guest LeanneSchatz
River has been out for a couple of walks today and although he's not limping, the boy who usually charges on ahead, is stepping very cautiously.

I have decided to hold off on the Tramadol because I was told that he might feel out of it, and that would upset him so much! It seems the Metacam is working very well, at least for now.

I had to "have words" with my vet's office today when the tech didn't send River's Xrays to OSU in a timely fashion! I called 6 times, before it got done, and by then, they were closed for the day. You know, it might not be that important to her, but this is MY dog and My responsibility to ensure he has the best care possible!!! Finally, another tech, who knows River well, took over and sent them off. My vet actually shared with me yesterday that if this is osteo, it is the earliest stages of it that she has ever seen. Most people let their dogs limp for days/weeks before they take action. River limped for the first time yesterday morning.

Yes, you are right! I know my girls mean everything to me and I'd do anything to make sure they are happy, healthy, no matter what! I am praying for River and that it is nothing serious. :grouphug

Annie

I am praying that whatever is happening with River at present is nothing that cannot be managed with lots of love and a little (more) rest. Would that whatever it is could be cured by ice cream, cookies, and the occasional mooshie.

The love and devotion you have for River, Breeze, and Canyon is unquestionable. I know you will do whatever is best for River.

Guest Greytluv

Amen to that. And people just don't understand it.

Edited by Greytluv