'bout Time We Introduced Ourselves, Don't-cha Think?

Guest LRay82

About time we introduced ourselves, I think!!

We are a houndie and new doggie mama and papa from CT. I, the mama, have loved dogs all my life. I've been trying to convince DBF (who never had a dog growing up and is (or was) the 'take it or leave it' type with dogs) that we NEED a dog for quite a while, though even I knew that it wasn't realistic with two people working fulltime and one (me) also in grad school full time. We had talked a lot about what we would want in a dog - size, temperment, etc, etc, etc. Fastforward... wonder of all wonders, grad school finally ended (YAY!), and all of a sudden I had some free time on my hands. Hmmmm... what to do, what to do. Well, my birthday rolled around in July, and DBF gave me a stuffie as a gift. Part one, of course. So we started looking.

I had never ever ever considered a greyhound, for no reason other than I was not educated, but it is by pure accident that our Amy came home to us. I was visiting my family one weekend out of state and was helping my mother take her JRT to the vet (yes, it's a two-person job...). While waiting, there was a pamphlet in the waiting room on greyhound adoption in that state. I read it to pass the time, and the more I read, the more I realized that the greyhound breed matched almost all of the qualities that we had talked about wanting in a canine companion. So I started reading more, and more, and more, and MORE. We sent in an application to REGAP-CT and Amy was pre-selected for us. We went to meet her, though we promised ourselves we would not become emotionally attached. HA! The first thing "Cruisin Amy" did was nuzzle up to my side :blush

It did take us about two more weeks to make the definite decision (due to a new job, which came with a new schedule, etc), but ultimately, we didn't need a second look. And so Amy has come home!

She's a 67ish lb 3.75-year old girl who ran a total of 68 races (won 2) in Ft. Meyers, FL. She's got some interesting coloring - mainly dark fawn, but with some black on her face and lightly scattered throughout her coat (kinda looks like she's wearing mascara). She likes to sleep (duh), but when she's up, she's got some energy! And now that she's been home 5.5 weeks, her personality is really coming out! She LOVES to eat, and she's becoming increasingly good at "SHOW ME YOUR BELLY!" I can't wait to see where this girl takes us :) She also has a lovely bark - deep and "big dog" sounding - but she won't roo for me (yet!).

I hope I am doing this picture thing correctly...

Amy%20018.jpg

DSCF1901.jpg

DSCF1911.jpg

Welcome from Miami! A stakes racer huh? And a Florida girlie at that! She sure is pretty!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Hi from Waterbury! Norm and Tanner are Regap-CT pups also! Where abouts are you?

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Welcome from Maryland! What a great introduction!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Welcome from S.C.. Amy looks like our Eddie, (everyone always comments on the mascara) and our JoJo raced in CT. It doesn't take much to get hooked. Have fun with Amy!

Guest smudgebear

Saw a fellow CT person and wanted to say hi! Are you from the New Haven area by any chance? We're in Orange. DH and I are going through the adoption process right now with CGA and hope to bring our new hound home soon. :) I'm a lifelong cat person and this will be my very first dog so I'm a little nervous, but excited! This board has a ton of helpful information and I've already learned so much.

Your Amy is adorable, congrats! I love her name too...same as mine! LOL

Aimee