My New Companion - Jiggy

Guest Supercoley1

Guest Supercoley1

Hello. My name is Andy and I am from Lincoln UK. Last Tuesday I spotted an advert saying 'greyhound free to a good home due to lack of space' and decided to take the plunge (I have been around dogs all my life but this is my first as owner.) He arrived Thursday and joins a household of myself, my wife and our 2 and 4 year old sons.

He is a little lively and still play bites which has made my 4 year old pretty cautious/fearful at the moment but he is geting better. The 3 year old gets kocked over, gets up, dusts himself off and goes back for more :) then has to be restrained as he would follow the dog everywhere.

His name is Jiggy (was called Jigsaw) and I am told he is 8 months old. He is housebroken and I am in the process of training him (we are still on SIT at the mo . lol) According to my scales he weighs 21kg/46lbs and still seems to have a fair amount of puppy fur. He has no tattoos in his ears of course. I guess he was from a private litter

Here he is settling in nicely with my 4 year old peering over.

CIMG3518.JPG

Spread out in front of his basket (which he sleeps in already and not sofas.

CIMG3519.JPG

Trying to become a couch potato on the first day before being told :)

CIMG3520.JPG

Enjoying the garden and the sun with his new stuffy/squeaky

CIMG3525.JPG

Great shot for me and also one of his beloved sticks. He seems to love sticks more than toys.

CIMG3526.JPG

Jiggy and 'shadow'. This is my 3 year old who has fallen in love and has no fear :)

CIMG3527.JPG

Chewing sticks again

CIMG3528.JPG

and again

CIMG3529.JPG

I am going to quit. This is my last. lol

CIMG3532.JPG

As you can see he is cute, looks in great condition and I am loving having him around (as are the boys :) ) The wife isn't so keen. lol

Andy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy and welcome! I do hope your wife comes on board soon.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Congratulations!!!!! :yay:confetti Jiggy is gorgeous :wub:

I hope your wife comes round! I bet she will... greyhounds are irresistible :blush:lol:

Welcome to GT! :wave

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Congratulations and welcome! He is gorgeous and adorable! I love the name too -- gives new meaning to "gettin' jiggy with it." :)

Others who have kids can probably give you some guidelines/cautions to make sure there are no unfortunate incidents between your hound and children . . . .

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest 3greysinPA

HI Andy... and Welcome To GT .... :wave

Jiggy is really cute... I love the pictures.... and i hope that your wife comes around soon...... Get her on board here, maybe she just has some questions and concerns about the hound... We would love to help... again.. Welcome from PA here.

:welcome2

Hi there, and greetings from Florida! Welcome to GT--you will love it!

Jiggy is positively gorgeous!!! :beatheart :beatheart Thanks for sharing pics with us.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France