Licking Sore....muzzle Help

Guest StormChaser

Guest StormChaser

Storm licks any small cut or scrap until it is big. We have tried everything, bandages, she pulls them off every time, nasty tasting sprays, she still licks, meds from the vet get licked off, etc. So we got a muzzle with cup insert. She had it on all night but this morning she managed to get it off when I was in the shower, the sore was wet when I checked it. Is it OK to leave it on her when we go to work, about 8-9 hours? Any other suggestions appreciated.

Storm licks any small cut or scrap until it is big. We have tried everything, bandages, she pulls them off every time, nasty tasting sprays, she still licks, meds from the vet get licked off, etc. So we got a muzzle with cup insert. She had it on all night but this morning she managed to get it off when I was in the shower, the sore was wet when I checked it. Is it OK to leave it on her when we go to work, about 8-9 hours? Any other suggestions appreciated.

If you have a plain buckle collar properly fitted right behind her ears, you can tape, tie or velcro strap the strap from the muzzle to the collar. This makes it more difficult to get off. My only concern with leaving it on all day would be that the muzzle fits well enough for him to open his mouth all the way & that he is willing to drink with muzzle & stool guard in place.

Hope it heals quickly without further licking.