Begining To Worry

Guest amour

I posted a couple weeks ago about a corn removal and the limp not getting any better. Actually, the limp is much worse.

went to the vet thursday and she put my boy on short term prednisone and 10mg of Torbutrol 1xday. No change that I can see. Going back tuesd. for xrays and I'm scared, I've read so much about osteo on this site. From what I'm understanding from the site is that it always fatal no matter what options of treatment or no treatment one uses. Has anyone ever known a grey that has completely recovered from such a diagnosis? I know that I shouldn't even think like that and that it is way to premature for me to even go there without the results. The more I search the site the less able I am to knock this out of my head.

Thanks

Until you get the xrays and the results, there's no point in freaking out about it.

That being said, Darcy Deerhound (who owns Bevd) is nearly 2 years post osteo diagnosis. :) There is hope and there are vets out there who are doing studies to try to find the cure. :)

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest RICHandJUDE

It could be a lot of things. I did just lose a 7 year old male to Osteo on June 30.

He started a slight limp in March. We had two sets of x-rays taken and

nothing showed up. I had a 15 year old greyt who started to limp at age 12 or 13.

Of course, I always feared the worse but her problem was caused by back problems.

She lived another 2 or 3 years without the limp with medication for the back. It is easy

to say, but THINK POSITIVE and get those x-rays.

Guest Energy11

Yep... until the x-rays, try not to worry. As the others have mentioned, there IS a lot of research being done, primarily by Dr. Couto of OSU, and staff, regarding Osteoscaroma.

Best not to worry until you have to... will drive you crazy! Good luck, love and prayers from here.

Guest Greensleeves
I posted a couple weeks ago about a corn removal and the limp not getting any better. Actually, the limp is much worse.

From what I've heard, this is not at all uncommon for chronic corns. Not that you want a dog to be in pain, ever, but I think most of us would take the little c (corns) over the Big C (cancer).

Good luck with the diagnosis!