Massive Fluidy Mass

Ouch, that's gotta hurt!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest monica

Could that be the anal gland? I had a dog as a child that developed a large swelling and it turned out to be the anal gland, which was treated and was fine.

My galga developed a tiny by comparison fluidy mass at the end of the spine and it went away by itself. Galgos are very thin skinned , so I took it to mean that it would not be uncommon for them to develop some unusual skin thingies.

Keep us posted, hmm.

No, doesn't seem like it's a gland- it's a pretty good click away.

The vet aspirated and it was a viscous fluid. Very strange!

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Looks like the whatchamacallit's dogs kept on hard surfaces sometimes get on their elbows. PM LynnM, bet she's seen one of those before.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest boondog

You might want to PM packmom if she doesn't see this. Her Shilo had something that looked similar. It was just some kind of benign fatty lump, I think.

Guest sja5032

The dog appears to have some sort of skin problem as well could it be related to that? Some sort of allergic reaction/ scratching response?

Guest LadyChester

Looks like a lipoma ... hopefully that's all it is. I'm sure the dermatitis isn't helping; also hoping that's just from fleas and not mange :(

Guest crazy4greys

It kinda looks like what Becky had going on when we got her from the farm. I believe hers ended up being an infection from a cut. I really don't remember, it was a year ago.

Hope it is nothing serious!

Looks like the whatchamacallit's dogs kept on hard surfaces sometimes get on their elbows.

Hygroma - can happen on the butt too. I hope it's something simple like that. :goodluck

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Seroma?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

This is a surrender, and we have no medical records - so we're going in blind with this one. The fluid was viscous and slightly blood-tinged, for whatever that's worth.

I thought of a hygroma, but how the heck is he sitting or rubbing that high up on his butt? We've seen them on elbows before, but I thought this was an odd placement.

We've got him on ATBs for an infected happy tail, so if it is an infection of some sort, we're at least heading in the right direction.

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

This is a surrender, and we have no medical records - so we're going in blind with this one. The fluid was viscous and slightly blood-tinged, for whatever that's worth.

I thought of a hygroma, but how the heck is he sitting or rubbing that high up on his butt? We've seen them on elbows before, but I thought this was an odd placement.

I dunno, and of course it may be something else entirely. :dunno

Maybe he smacked his butt on something one time, or fell out of a car, or something, and caused damage, and then he keeps on knocking it, or plopping down on it? It's possible. Who knows what happened where he was before? Were they kind people, or ... could they have had a habit of shoving him into his crate and slamming the door on his backside? :unsure

Hope the cytology comes back clear!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest greydogluvr
CIMG2708.jpg

CIMG2705.jpg

Vet took some fluid for a cytology, but wondering if anyone's seen something like this previously?

No advise here, just glad he is being looked after. That must be uncomfortable.

Guest LindsaySF

Poor guy. :(

That looks a lot like what Becky had. Her old thread (with pics) is HERE. Hers was an abcess that kept filling with serum because of her immune problem. Does he have a temp?