Don't Hand Me A Leash.....

macoduck

...with this on the other end.

009-2.jpg

Yesterday was a 12 hour day for me - driving to GFNC's kennel to deliver a load of kibble I'd been accumulating for them, visiting for a while and then driving home.

Apparently the exchange rate for 240 lbs of kibble is one 37 lb eleven year old female spanish galgo named Nina.

I really really really really had no intention of bringing anyone home with me. We had wanted to wait a few more months since losing Thane.

Ten years ago Nina was part of a group of puppies brought to the States from Spain.

Her owner of all those years turned her in on Friday. Just my rotten luck to be at the kennel early Saturday. :rolleyes:

Sometimes my spidey-sense alarms start ringing and I don't pay attention to them. Just recently I had gathered a bunch of old collars to ship to Scooby for the galgos. Was it fate that I was meant to meet this little girl?

These pictures will have to do for now:

013.jpg Wally 92 lbs.,Nina 37 lbs., Gracie 78 lbs., and Pudge 84 lbs.

007-2.jpgBig boy Wally is terrified of itty bitty Nina. He had just laid down and hadn't realized she was on a couch behind him. When he did, he jumped and ran and hid under a bed.

004-3.jpg Nina likes the crate although we haven't shut the door yet. She spent the night in my bed and didn't hog the covers.

So far so good. She's way overdue for a vet check but her teeth look OK.

Next time the kennel needs a kibble donation I'll stay home and mail them a check. :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytloves

Awww....Well you have fell victim to the Mighty Itty Bitty Gal Spell. She looks like she has a wonderful spirit and it was meant to be. So glad she did not have to spend one day in limbo!

What a wonderful (and fuuny) story...she is beautiful...congrats

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest PhillyPups

:confetti WELCOME HOME NINA :confetti

Well where are the Pinta and Santa Maria?? They sailed from Spain to land here :lol :lol

Ducky, congrats, she is adorable - losing her home of 11 years sukks :angryfire but she sure hit the jackpot with you!! :wub:

How are they all doing??

Edited by PhillyPups

:confetti WELCOME HOME NINA :confetti

Well where are the Pinta and Santa Maria?? They sailed from Spain to land here :lol:lol

Ducky, congrats, she is adorable - losing her home of 11 years sukks :angryfire but she sure hit the jackpot with you!! :wub:

How are they all doing??

If I interpreted her snarking I think she likes to be the one to sniff first before allowing anyone else to sniff her. She ate well, slept well. I've never had a grey sleep with me (except a foster) and she didn't hog the covers.

I tried to get some pictures outside but it was just everybody playing "I pee on your spot" over and over. :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky :rofl :rofl :rofl

And Wally :rofl :rofl :rofl

Congratulations! And bless your heart. She's a doll.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She is ADORABLE!!! :wub: :wub: What a lucky girl that you had to deliver dog food yesterday!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest Energy11

Oh Ducky!!

She is a beauty!! I always wanted a Galgo! My old group used to send Medical supplies to Spain for the Galgos! :-))) Congrats!!!!