Is There A Vet In Toronto That Has Silvadene For Anubis's Rope Cut

Guest carolxi

Guest carolxi

Hi Everybody, I thought it would be better to start a new thread about trying to get the Silvadene for Anubis's rope cut in his groin. I called 2 vets and they had never heard of it. Then I called the emerg vet and spoke with the receptionist. She wouldn't let me talk to their dermatologist to see if they had any. If I could find a vet in Toronto who had it, I could get my vet to call them. So if anyone has a name for a Toronto Vet that has this cream could you please let me know? I'm going to google it and see if that helps. Thanks so much for you prayers and help, Anubis and Carol

The generic name is "silver sulfadiazine" topical -- they might know it by that name. Might try a people pharmacy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest carolxi
The generic name is "silver sulfadiazine" topical -- they might know it by that name. Might try a people pharmacy.

Thank you sooo much! I will check with my pharmacist right now.

I have had my pet RX's filled at my local pharamcy with a script from my vet in the past, a little of this cream goes a long way, buy small, keep us posted

Guest carolxi
Silvadene is a common people med, I too would try a people pharamcy Good Luck

Do you need a prescription for it?

yes, you do.

OK, I've found the specs on it on google. I will take this to my vet and see if she can do something.

Guest carolxi

Ok, one more question, will he still need a muzzle to keep from licking it? (I know this probably sounds really stupid to some people, but when I'm this tired and anxious about Anubis's health, I can think clearly)

Yeah, you don't want him to lick it. The amount you put on won't kill him or anything, but you want the med to stay on the sore spot.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest carolxi
Yeah, you don't want him to lick it. The amount you put on won't kill him or anything, but you want the med to stay on the sore spot.

Okey dokey! With this and the home made bite collar, I think we are in business! I'm feeling much better about this whole thing. I've printed out the specs on the Silver sulfadiazine for my vet and I'm going to try to make a ome made bite not collar for him and see how he does with it.

Thanks everybody!!

Guest Cris_M

Don't freeak when the stuff turns dark. It really is silver based, and it tarnishes! It lasts forever in an airtight container. It comes in handy for so many things.

Just have your vet call it in to your local pharmacy.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star