Swollen Lymph Nodes?

Guest Hotdogs

Guest Hotdogs

My little girl yelped when I my husband put her collar on over her head 2 nights ago (I posted this before under the topic, "What Happened?". I've been watching her, having done all the things I could think of to know what it was, b/c it didn't sound like her usually, "ouch you pinched my ear" type of yelp. She has been more or less herself yesterday, but has since then become rather listless. Last night I noticed that she her neck is swollen in the area between her jaw and her neck. Is this her lymph nodes? Could she have an infection of some type? She was sick about 2 months ago and her white blood cell count was low and so it was determined that she just had a stomach virus...could this be connected, the white blood cell count, I mean?

or

she has seen 2 vets and they have both determined that her swollen gums are a result of stomatitis, a viral infection rather than bacterial infection. Her teeth have very little tartar and her breath is ok. Could this be related?

I think I need to call her vet.

I have been reading and thinking the worst. Why does she keep getting sick? I am very worried about her. Any advice or good thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest GreenGreys

No advice here, I'm afraid. But lots of good and positive thoughts I offer. It does sound like it is vet time to me, also. Keep us posted, please.

Pat, 3 Hounds, 1 Whippet

Guest Energy11

Yes, it VERY well could be an infection, especially if you have dealt with this before. THAT would explain the yelping with the martingale you went through the other day.

I would have her vetted, as she might need antibiotics again. Good Luck, and we hope she gets well soon!

:getwell Infections can be viral or bacterial, bacterial being the worst, and hard to clear up, usual antibiotics for a length of time are required or IV. pleaewe keep us posted

Guest Hotdogs

We just got back from the vet. We're starting with Amoxicylin (sp?) to see if that works and if it doesn't we'll kick it up to clavimox (?, I think, I can't remember the name of the other anitbiotic) and predisone. She was given a heart worm/ehrlichia/lyme test and she is negative. Vet thinks it might be linked to her stomatitis, but not sure. She doesn't seem to be in too much pain, although that's what we're attributing the screeching when you touch that area the wrong way. Keep your fingers crossed that it clears up. :)