Poops Sneaking Out...

Guest chaoran22

Guest chaoran22

this is really gross but does anyone's dog's poop sneak out occasionally? this happened twice in the past two weeks. the first time, my girl was sleeping and woke up and there were two hard little poop balls by her butt on her bed (gag). and then it happened again when we were in the car, we were taking them to the beach instead of their evening walk so we just loaded them up in the car and i guess it was close to her walk time so she had to go badly, and when we got to the beach and opened the car door and they jumped out, there was a little poop ball sitting on the mat in the car....then as soon as we got to the fenced off area and let her off leash, she took the biggest poop ever. i think i know what's causing it, it's been hot and when it's hot, my boy doesn't finish his meals, and she's been finishing them for him, so she's eating a lot more and has a lot more poop. obviously we're very vigilant now about not letting her do that so i'm pretty sure this problem will stop but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. i understand not being able to hold pee in but poop, i've never had a dog not be able to hold poop unless they were sick....and this is about 8 hours after she was just out so she didn't have to hold it for that long...don't know why it snuck out. i know she's not going potty on purpose because she wouldn't on her bed and she wouldn't in the car, plus if she did, there would be a lot more, this is literally just a little poop ball sneaking out of her butt - so weird! (ps - i call them poop balls because they really are little firm balls of poop, not like her usual, more normal looking droppings)

Guest sheila

when a dog really really has to poop that can happen. I have seen a dog trying really hard to hold it but still having a little poop escape. They might be harder than the normal poops because she is trying so hard to hold it in that it's getting packed tighter.

Sounds to me like she needs more frequent poop breaks and maybe you should let her have a little walk around before loading her into the car. She obviously really really needed to go.

Guest paulamariez

Our Chief used to do once in a while after he became a senior. Usually at night. In the morning we would find a little hard turd by his bed. LOL We used to joke that he passed a little gas and a lump came out!! If your girl is still young, I would concur with the above and suggest a couple more potty runs during the day. We always take our three boys on a short walk right before loading into the car to go to the park. That way if anybody's got anything that just can't wait, they can go right away before getting to the park.

Greybookend's Tasha used to leave poop droppings. I'll have her check your post.......

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

It happens all the time with Brandi. While she is eating, while she is walking around and while she is laying down. She has no idea it is happening until it has happened. She has weak back/hind legs and the holistic vet says her muscles are so weak back there they just slide out. Brandi is 8. I would have it checked out by the vet.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest greybookends

Tasha had this happen a few times. She was a senior with back end problems. The vet said there is nothing you can do but clean it up. -Fortunately I feed raw so they were always easy to clean up.

this is really gross but does anyone's dog's poop sneak out occasionally? this happened twice in the past two weeks. the first time, my girl was sleeping and woke up and there were two hard little poop balls by her butt on her bed (gag). and then it happened again when we were in the car, we were taking them to the beach instead of their evening walk so we just loaded them up in the car and i guess it was close to her walk time so she had to go badly, and when we got to the beach and opened the car door and they jumped out, there was a little poop ball sitting on the mat in the car....then as soon as we got to the fenced off area and let her off leash, she took the biggest poop ever. i think i know what's causing it, it's been hot and when it's hot, my boy doesn't finish his meals, and she's been finishing them for him, so she's eating a lot more and has a lot more poop. obviously we're very vigilant now about not letting her do that so i'm pretty sure this problem will stop but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. i understand not being able to hold pee in but poop, i've never had a dog not be able to hold poop unless they were sick....and this is about 8 hours after she was just out so she didn't have to hold it for that long...don't know why it snuck out. i know she's not going potty on purpose because she wouldn't on her bed and she wouldn't in the car, plus if she did, there would be a lot more, this is literally just a little poop ball sneaking out of her butt - so weird! (ps - i call them poop balls because they really are little firm balls of poop, not like her usual, more normal looking droppings)

This subject is not gross. We have had so many discussions, posts, threads on poop from rolling down the hill kind of poop to "what does the poop" look like. Don't worry about grossing us out because it can't happen. Welcome aboard!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest greytbookert

oh yes, that used to happen to Annie every so often. We feed raw too, so they were always little nuggets that would slip out. She was older with back issues though. If it is happening regularly, you might want to have her checked out by a vet to see if she needs a little chiro adjustment.

My vet wanted to remove Daisy's anal glands. I was about to drop her off and the vet tech warned me that dropping bits of poop might be a side effect of the surgery. Since Daisy has mushy poops, and because the vet couldn't be bothered to tell me this himself, I cancelled the surgery. She hasn't had another anal gland infection since. Has your pup had surgery in that area?

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Unless I've misunderstood .... 8 hours *is* a long time if she's been eating extra and hasn't been getting empty.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Iceman does this sometimes but in his case it is because he is 13.5 years old and has back end problems (weakness, etc). I would at least mention it to the vet, but it sounds like maybe she just needs more frequent walkies. :)

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Poppy (13 years) has access to outdoors most of the time (when we are in - which is most of the time!) but she still has poop accidents, often whilst she is asleep. I think it's just par for the course with some older dogs.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Either she needs to be put out more often or she's experiencing stealth pooping.

Orion has a stealth poop problem. He's 10 and has problems with hind end weakness. Once every so often, he will drop a little turd without knowing it, usually in his sleep.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

• 10 years later...

Our 10 year old Boston Terrier, Belle, has been doing this for a couple months.  She sleeps under the covers with us (!) and occasionally we find Poop Nuggets in the bed.  Hubby and I are just glad it isn't us doing it.  She looks sheepish when I find it but really think it happens at night when she is sleeping.  Easy to pick up..