Please Help

Guest Latch

I did not read through all the replies. But I want to say, if you have a dog with a life-threatening problem, just show up, and DEMAND treatment! if they turn you away at that point, well, put it this way, I would get UGLY on them. I mean UGLY.

I won't hijack, but I have a little experience with a situation like this. The injury my dog had was not life-threatening, and it was during normal office hours. I showed up at the nearest vet clinic, where I was not a client, and they treated me like crap. I can give you more details, but like I said, I do not want to hijack. Put it this way, they are lucky I was in a hurry to get out of there, or they'd have had to deal with me being really nasty!

I know...I think it is so awful that they would refuse to see me if I weren't their client! What if he were ina life threatening situation? I called the e-vet number that the answering machine gave for non-clients and it was in Niceville - almost 2 hours away from here! When I asked the guy in Niceville if he knew of any where I am, he told me that he didn't know of one because they usually all say if you aren't a client they wont see you! :angryfire Good thing this wasn't life threatening or I would have been devastated :(

Guest LindsaySF
Thanks! When I say he was convulsing, that's what it looked like - kind of like a tightening up and then release, tighten and release. It's hard to describe, but he had this real worried look on his face and his body was twitching.

I agree that this sounds like he was trying to throw up. He might have been excited to get his dinner, sometimes the stomach acids make them puke "bile" when they anticipate food on an empty stomach. If he is acting fine now I wouldn't worry. :)

Guest IrskasMom

" I know...I think it is so awful that they would refuse to see me if I weren't their client! What if he were ina life threatening situation?

I have never heard of anything like this . I live close to Annapolis and I can go to the E Vet anytime I have to ,Client or not.

There are always 3-4 Vet's there to see you. They might be busy and you have to wait , or in an Extreme Emergency , they

even carry the Dog from your Car inside.

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest sheila
I know...I think it is so awful that they would refuse to see me if I weren't their client! What if he were ina life threatening situation? I called the e-vet number that the answering machine gave for non-clients and it was in Niceville - almost 2 hours away from here! When I asked the guy in Niceville if he knew of any where I am, he told me that he didn't know of one because they usually all say if you aren't a client they wont see you! :angryfire Good thing this wasn't life threatening or I would have been devastated :(

I know it sounds awful but I'm sure many vets have been burned by non-clients that have called after hrs and taken up their time and then disappeared. These are the same ppl who don't give their pets regular vet care or routine shots. but expect emergency service upon demand. If I were a vet I wouldn't serve most of these ppl either.

When I bring a new dog home I normally take them to my vet for a well dog check and get a record started for them right away. Then if there is any emergency I know my vet is a phone call away and has everything he needs to begin treatment.

How is your baby today?

He seems to be doing well - nothing unusual today and he is pooping, eating, drinking, etc. I am calling the vet tomorrow to get him an appt. though. Thanks again!! :)

Guest Energy11
How is your baby today?

He seems to be doing well - nothing unusual today and he is pooping, eating, drinking, etc. I am calling the vet tomorrow to get him an appt. though. Thanks again!! :)

GREAT news, but, as you said, these vets won't see you IF there is an emergency, so better to get him checked out, and then, if you need these vets, they will be there for you. Good Luck!

How is your baby today?

Glad to hear that your dog is doing better!

It's tough being in a new place and not even being settled and then having something like this happen.