Poor Frankie,

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

We came home from getting the dog's chicken leg quarters and when we were all coming in the house, Frank bumped his rear ankle on something (I guess, I did not see it) and he was bleeding everywhere! All over the tile, the carpet, his bed; I thought he must have torn off a nail or something on the deck outside; but no, it was just a tiny (and I mean tiny) scab that had been knocked off on his knee. Maybe an eighth of an inch diameter. A week ago we came home to some blood over by the food bowls and never found the source, I am guessing he got his little owie then and it scabbed over and was re-injured today. It coagualted and stopped bleeding fairly quickly and he is fine now, it must have been close to a vein to bleed so much. I am just glad he is OK, it's frightening to see so much blood coming from your hound and not immediately know the source!

Guest RocketDog

Oh man, I know what you mean... one night Cass came in from romping in the yard and after laying down on a dog bed I noticed that she'd bled all over everything - the stairs, the dog bed, the floor. Being super first-aid freak that I am, out came the kit and I went to work cleaning up her hocks, which had apparently been skinned out in the yard. Next morning when I unwrapped my hasty bandaging job I found two TINY little scabs! I was certain I'd end up taking her to the vet for stitched the next morning given all the blood, but no, just two itsybitsy little wounds that healed on their own in about a week.

Guest greyscot

You are right about how frightening it is to see blood coming from your hound and not know the source. The first time that happened to me was when my bridge angel Chief had a case of the happy tail and it started bleeding because he had thumped it against a wall. I swear my house was like a murder scene and I thought he was going to bleed out :unsure. Glad Frank (and you) are okay.

Guest Energy11

Glad Frank is okay!

Goldie and Stagagerlee "got into it" yesterday. He was lying on the couch, where HE was already lying. They went at eachother, but luckily, I was in the room to break them up. Lee has a nice 1.5 inch tear on his shoulder, and yep, all the first aid stuff came out. Goldie, just a nick below the eye!

It IS always something, isn't it? Give Frank a hug for us!

Guest budsmom

I know how you feel. A couple weeks ago after last turn out, DH calls me downstairs right away cuz Bud is bleeding :ohno . I get downstairs and the whole top of his foot is bloody (he has white sox so it really jumps out at you). I tried to clean it up as best I could and put some Neosporin on it. I get up the next morning and go to check on him to see if his foot fell off during the night or something since there was so much blood, and I can't even find the spot. I had to pet his fur backwards to find it, it was about half the size of a pencil eraser on one toe! These guys sure can bleed :dunno

Guest joydaddy

We had Joy for about a month and a storm came up while we were at work. We flew home because we new that she was scared of storms. When we got home, our girl met us at the door with blood pouring from her ear. Somehow, she had torn a piece off of the end of her ear. There was blood on the ceiling, the walls, her bed, and all over the floor. Every time that she would shake her head, blood would just fly. It took us until after midnight to get it all cleaned up. She looked so funny with her ear wrapped to the side of her head.

Guest LindsaySF

The weirdest spots can bleed a lot. Teagan got scratched on his nose by one of the cats and the amount of blood that poured from that thing was like a murder scene!

Guest mirthlesstroll

Melody broke a dewclaw outside, and I thought she had torn off the entire "dewclaw toe"(don't know what that thing is really called) by how much blood was all over the deck and her leg :eek Months later, and I don't think it's going to grow back. :dunno:banana