Stiff Paw?

Guest Maddyr24

Guest Maddyr24

Sagan's foot has finally healed - more or less. There is the just the healing scabs of his blister.

As i was inspecting the foot again, i noticed that the right foot (one that was injured - formerly swollen with blisters - like he stepped on it funny) seems stiffer and less flexible than the other one. He walks, runs, trots like normals, but when I inspect it, he tends to pull it away from me. He does not whine or show any sign of pain, but I'm curious if any one has seen this before. He does not lick it and the vet had done x-rays and shown no sign of fracture or break.

The foot has been looked at by 3 vets all of whom say it seems fine but just needed to heal. He was on strict rest for about 3 weeks and when the swelling had subsided and he was walking normally for at least a few days, i finally took him to run and stretch his legs. Since then, now 4 weeks later, he seems more or less fine save for this stiff foot. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Any thoughts?

M-

Guest KennelMom

He probably still remembers it hurting and is just a little protective of it still. As long as the vet has green lighted the foot and he seems to otherwise be fine, I wouldn't worry too much. Rocky had an injury to a toe that took forever (and a minor surgery) to heal. He still favors it from time to time even though there is nothing structurally (or otherwise) wrong with the toe.

Guest Energy11

Yes, he is probably still unsure of that foot, given what he has been through, and is "guarding" it. Will probably stop after a while. Good Luck to you guys!