Reverse Sneezes Like 3-4 Times A Day?

My 10 year old has had reverse sneezes AT LEAST 3 times a day for the last 2-3 days. This latest episode has been going for a few minutes now.

Anyone had this happen? Could it be allergies?

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.

Yes, I'd think it easily could be allergies--or at least some airborne stuff that's causing irritation.

My boy has spells of lots of reverse sneezing, then none at all for weeks.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Energy11

Oakly does it a lot, too! I just gently rub his throat, and they stop. You CAN give Benedryl (just the benedryl, not the allergy/sinus kind) and generic is fine. Usually, you give (2) 25 mg. (50 mg) at once, and maybe every six hours, depending on how bad the sneezing is.

Hope it helps! Good Luck!

Dude also has "episodes" of reverse sneezing. I give him a dose of Rescue Remedy and this appears to help calm the reflex down. Also try having him eat an ice cube. Something about the cold or chewing motion also helps.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Very likely that it's seasonal allergies.

Ragweed season is in full swing and they are loving the cooler summer we've had.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest LindsaySF

Could be allergies.

Are you sure it is reverse sneezing? Cody went through a few bouts of this and the vet thinks it was collapsing trachea brought on by an allergic reaction. He does get reactions to dust, when he eats or drinks too fast, etc. He is now walked on a harness just in case, and distracting him and rubbing his throat seems to help during an episode. I can also give him a treat, sometimes the swallowing motion fixes the spasm.

Being a Greyhound, I would also look into LP. Not sure if it sounds like reverse sneezing or more like a cough though.

My dogs have had this sometimes after digging or getting into dusty areas, and I take a wet washcloth or towel and wipe their noses/nostrils. It seems to help.

Could be allergies.

Are you sure it is reverse sneezing? Cody went through a few bouts of this and the vet thinks it was collapsing trachea brought on by an allergic reaction. He does get reactions to dust, when he eats or drinks too fast, etc. He is now walked on a harness just in case, and distracting him and rubbing his throat seems to help during an episode. I can also give him a treat, sometimes the swallowing motion fixes the spasm.

Being a Greyhound, I would also look into LP. Not sure if it sounds like reverse sneezing or more like a cough though.

It's that inhale/snort sound, not really a cough. Her panting seems OK and not raspy like LP. It's very odd - she's had the reverse sneezes before, but occasionally. Now it's like all the time!

I'll try a benadryl and see if that helps. Thanks guys. :)

With Buster Bloof (UCME Razorback 89B-51359) and Gingersnap Ginny (92D-59450). Missing Pepper, Berkeley, Ivy, Princess and Bauer at the bridge.