Lame? Help!

Guest Blaze

Will be thinking of you here, too, Ohiogreymom. The hardest yet kindest thing. :(

Blaze, hope your pup is still improving.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PiagetsMom
My 6 y.o. Reggie started limping, and the first time had slivers of glass in his paw. It was removed and he stopped limping for a bit, then a while later, intermittent limping, then total limping. I could manipulate his leg , knee, ankle, everything, with no signs of pain. When I took him to the vet, she felt around in an area just above his knee. He SCREAMED. :( The next day on my way to work, I dropped him off for xrays.

My boy was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma right above the knee. :weep I'm sending him to the bridge Sat. morning before his leg breaks. :weep:brokenheart If your Hannah continues to limp, please get an xray asap, as osteo is VERY painful! :( I'm NOT saying that's what it is, hopefully it's something fixable, but you need to know soon.

My vet doesn't sedate them for xrays, and there's no visit fee. It's 85 dollars for the first view, and 25 for each one after. Sadly, Reggie's was very obvious on the first view, even though they did more. I'll be praying for your Hannah, :hope maybe you can find a cheaper place to get the xrays done? :goodluck Good luck! Darlene

I'm dealing with a limping boy myself and good heavens, this makes me nervous after my vet visit with Mirage today.......I'm sorry, I'll be thinking of you.

Sending good thoughts for Hannah :grouphug

Edited by PiagetsMom

Hi Guys!

Sorry I didn't post sooner, we are juggling a move and life is pretty hectic.

Hannah is just fine. Sweet thing

we decided not to take her in to the vet, I work for a big animal health care dsitributor and we have several vet techs working here, my cube neighbor, Melena took a look at her and felt it was a twisted knee, worse case partly torn acl - but Hannah quit limping after a few days and is quite herself now.

I think I over reacted - but you just never know. Anyway, glad we didn't spend the $200-300 at the vet because we really just can't afford it right now.

Thank you for all your love and support -

sloppy dog kisses to you all.