Greyhound Runny Nose

Guest BruceLucy

Guest BruceLucy

Hi all - I'm new here, this is my first post. I've had my two babies for just over a year - they are the sweetest! And, fortunately for all of us, both of them have adjusted to home life perfectly. However, Bruce, the male, constantly has a runny nose, I mean constant - like a faucet!

It doesn't bother me, but I've read that nose drip is a sign of distress or nervous energy, so I'm a little worried. Anyone have a nose dripper that can shed some light?

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi and Welcome from Arizona. My 8 y/o Buzz is a nose dripper. It's constant. I have never really worried about it. I notice it drips more when he's excited or happy than when he's just resting.

All of mine do that from time to time. It is usually a sign of stress or nervousness. Nothing to worry about. He's still new to the home, yes, even at a year so you may find that it eventually stops and only happens during times of stress.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest BatesieGreys

Daisy is a nose-dripper and she has allergies. She is drippy no matter how happy and relaxed she is. We finally figured out that she is allergic to cut grass (we think). Bruce might be allergic to something indoors that he is exposed to year round. Since benadryl is safe for dogs, I would try that for a couple of days (they take one per 25 pounds of body weight). If that helps the drippiness, then you know that he is allergic to something and can work to figure out what it is.

I know that others might not recommend medication first, but I don't have any other ideas. Hopefully others will have more for you.

Welcome to Greytalk!

Guest Energy11

WELCOME FROM US HERE IN THE NORTH GEORGIA MOUNTAINS!

Yes, I have a few "drippy noses," with some of my five. It is usually allergies. Staggerlee's drips when I brush his teeth :-))

Take care, and lots of hugs! Dee and The Five

Guest Cris_M

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Gabriel had a drippy nose whenever he smelled something interesting. I think it was his way of making things damp enough to have more odor. He certainly wasn't stress, unless you count eustress (good or happy stress).

As you can see, we have lots of drippy hounds here. And they are all pretty normal.

Maybe Bruce just had to come up with a symptom that would get you to post here. Thanks, Bruce!

Guest RocketDog

My girl never drips, my boy drips whenever he's happy/nervous/hungry/bored (you get the picture) and our foster girl only drips when she's stressed/nervous.