Jamey, No Chemo Today

Jamey went for his scheduled 3rd chemo treatment today and it was postponed for a week as his WBC count was just a bit too low. He was not put on antibiotics or anything, we're just waiting a week. He is doing well, is running around the back yard with the others again. He is jumping on the couch again, so we think his insides are healing up from the amputation.

Diego, if you read an earlier post, was in the ER hospital over the weekend with dehydration from vomiting and diarrhea. We're not sure of the cause yet, they are still looking at his poop sample. It was black and tar-like, this is the reason we brought him in. He is back home, eating Gastro diet, and is improving. We think it started when it was so hot here a couple of weeks ago, and all of them were off their food for a couple of days. We think that Diego's GI tract was upset by that and really never recovered from this.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest Energy11

I have no experience with canine Chemo, but, postponing it with the WBC so low, sounds like a good idea. Also, sounds like Diego is back on the the trail to good health! Hang in there !

Guest Energy11
Hang in there....I sure hope things start improving for everyone. Have you tried I/D food from the vet?

GOOD IDEA on the I/D food! We sold/prescribed a lot of it for dogs with GI problems at my former vets/employer.

Glad to hear Jamey is feeling well. Hope his WBC's pop back up by next week. :goodluck And good news about Diego. :)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hope the WBC comes back up soon.

Cali starts her chemo tomorrow. I'm hoping she'll be just as active as Jamey is.

Also sending well wishes for Diego.

Edited by Bluesky

Vicky and my best boys Vern (Rockin Big Mike) and Wil (Deco Abilene Wil).

Missing my best girl Cali (BOC's Kaylynn) at the Bridge.

Guest MorganKonaAlex
Jamey went for his scheduled 3rd chemo treatment today and it was postponed for a week as his WBC count was just a bit too low.

That's not uncommon for humans as well as dogs. Nothing to worry about.