Pee Pads?

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

Hi everyone,

I am still dealing with my poor girl having accidents in the house sometimes. She doesn't have a UTI, I took her to the vet and they checked. I am not sure if she just can't hold it or what. I dont' mind cleaning it up because it is on our tile, same spot every day. Do you think if I buy pee pads and just put them down in the morning before work, it would be ok or would that only make her think it is ok? Thoughts?

Thanks!

I have seniors and have the washable pee pee pads in their potty areas. I don't think they think about it being OK, they just have to go. As I get older I've noticed I can't hold it either.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest KiKi_Girl

I put pee pads down for my girl when I know I am going to be gone longer than ususal. She will pee on them if/when she has too. She doesn't use them all the time so I don't think she associates them being down with it being okay for her to go. It is so much easier to clean up if/when she does go.

Guest LeanneSchatz

She's 7, so they tell me that it could just be her age. But when I am home on weekends, she doesn't do this. I let her out and sometimes she doesn't even pee. So, I am not really sure why she only does it when we are gone.

Hi everyone,

I am still dealing with my poor girl having accidents in the house sometimes. She doesn't have a UTI, I took her to the vet and they checked. I am not sure if she just can't hold it or what. I dont' mind cleaning it up because it is on our tile, same spot every day. Do you think if I buy pee pads and just put them down in the morning before work, it would be ok or would that only make her think it is ok? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Where do you buy washable ones?

I have no advice about her mindset with peeing in the house, but I can recommend some pads.

I have the washable ones from JRS Medical Supply. After Gracie's stroke, she was having problems with peeing and not even realizing she was doing it. I bought 4 of the 34" x 52" ones and they fit perfectly on top of her beds.

It's much easier to wash one of the pads instead of washing a bed or having to clean up the floor. Good luck!

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Guest snakes

My boy, and very rarely my girl occasionally pee in the house when i am kept at work longer than usual or when my boy was started on some meds. Luckily they always go in the same spot, so i use the washable pads to make cleanup and reducing the smell easier. Whether the pad is there or not they will go if they have to. I rarely these days have even come home to them using it, so it certainly hasn't encouraged any peeing in the house.

Personally i work in a hospital so i just "borrow" the pads we use there ;)

Here are some links though:

http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/product.asp?...&pf_id=2480

http://www.northshorecare.com/underpadswash1.html

http://www.healthcareapparel.com/shop/more...more-u511b.html (on sale for $7 each)

Guest LeanneSchatz
I have no advice about her mindset with peeing in the house, but I can recommend some pads.

I have the washable ones from JRS Medical Supply. After Gracie's stroke, she was having problems with peeing and not even realizing she was doing it. I bought 4 of the 34" x 52" ones and they fit perfectly on top of her beds.

It's much easier to wash one of the pads instead of washing a bed or having to clean up the floor. Good luck!

Thanks! I found a medical supply store here that has a large size washable pad for $13.00, which is not too bad. This poor girl got returned and I foster flunked and took her in! I love her to pieces so I want to take care of her, I'll do whatever I have to do to help the sweetie!

JRS Medical Supply is where I purchase my washable pads from. I even use them when it rains. I put them in the foot traffic path to dry the feet off. Hey, they are easy to wash.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I put pee pads down for my girl when I know I am going to be gone longer than ususal. She will pee on them if/when she has too. She doesn't use them all the time so I don't think she associates them being down with it being okay for her to go. It is so much easier to clean up if/when she does go.

Same here. I bought a twin sized washable mattress pad at Walmart for $10, cut it in two and lay them down when I go

to work (we are gone 8 1/2 to 9 hours). Most of the time she is fine, but if she has to go, she uses one of the pads.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

my girl thought the pee pads were toys ... and shredded them. oh yeah, before she then peed on the floor. sigh.

but I'd still give them a try ... my friend's grey uses the pee pad in 'emergencies', so I would imagine that you'll be fine by putting something down.

good luck!