Shaking It Up

Guest darbsmom

Guest darbsmom
:( Hi, my dog Darby usually shakes a bit, but it's been really hot here in Washington, and last night he started shaking feverishly, and can't walk well, and is panting hard. I am going to take him to the vet, but was wondering if anyone has experienced the shaking escalating to such a degree and what they found. We can't get around the stairs, as the whole house in and out has them, so I am at a loss as to what to do if it doesn't ease up.

Guest Energy11

Boy, the shaking could be ANYTHING.

Seizures/stroke

heat exhaustion

pain

fever

.... Hard one to call for sure! You say it is been hot there. Could be heat exhaustion. If he were mine, and shaking that hard, I definitely would see the vet.

Poor Guy! Good Luck, ... sorry you are having such heat! I feel you pain, I used to live in Central Florida! :-(

Guest darbsmom
Boy, the shaking could be ANYTHING.

Seizures/stroke

heat exhaustion

pain

fever

.... Hard one to call for sure! You say it is been hot there. Could be heat exhaustion. If he were mine, and shaking that hard, I definitely would see the vet.

Poor Guy! Good Luck, ... sorry you are having such heat! I feel you pain, I used to live in Central Florida! :-(

Guest Energy11

Dogs and Heat Exhaustion

Heat exhaustion is common in dogs. It can happen your own yard, or on a walk. Dogs cool themselves by panting. If panting does not reduce the body temperature the dog will develop heat stroke. Early signs of heat exhaustion include rapid breathing, heavy panting, and salivation. Other signs are fatigue, muscle tremors, and staggering. If you see a dog that is experiencing heat exhaustion, take the dog to a cool, shady place, and apply wet towels or cloths to help cool the dog's body down. Try to give the dog small amounts of water, and immediately call a vet.

Maybe?

Guest darbsmom

Yes, this heat is unusual for us - and I have kept him cool - he now loves the hose baths he gets... but he's in distress, time to go. wish me luck.... His age isn't working with us I am sure....

Guest Energy11
Yes, this heat is unusual for us - and I have kept him cool - he now loves the hose baths he gets... but he's in distress, time to go. wish me luck.... His age isn't working with us I am sure....

Love, hugs, prayers and white light for you and your boy!

Love, Dee and The Five!

Let us know what the vet says. The heat here in Washington has been killer, and unusual. Even our "nothing bothers me, even getting a clip through my paw" boy Opie finally refused to eat yesterday, after almost a week of heat.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest darbsmom
Let us know what the vet says. The heat here in Washington has been killer, and unusual. Even our "nothing bothers me, even getting a clip through my paw" boy Opie finally refused to eat yesterday, after almost a week of heat.

I will let you know for sure. He has been like this since last night, he's cool, but not getting any better. It's just sickening.